Originally posted by Tom Green
    Here are quality lines I would reccomend-

Udo's Choice-

http://www.udoerasmus.com/productmain.htm

Barlean's-

http://www.barleans.com/

Hain
    Tom,

In general, how do Health Food own-label versions of UDOs Oil measure up to the original?

Thanks.

Clemson
    I like to investigate the paleolithic diet during the evolutionary process...this shows that the Omega 3s were far more vital then now. Strand and others state that the levels are present to prevent disease, it's like taking a few limes in your coronas as a way to prevent rickets....history has a clear path of showing how large amounts of O3 from shell fish near the African coast helped with brain development....

r-ALA is a great product.
    IF I CAN'T HAVE IT ALL THEN I DON'T WANT IT AT ALL.

One thing to really pay attention to is the formulation and if it needs to be kept cold after processing-

Flax would be the main example of this-

There are others also-

I am off to an American Indoor Football Game and will have to go into details at a later date.
    Tom Green, CSCS

Clemson,

Something you should know about the Sears Labs "phamaceutical grade" fish oil: it may not meet Dr. Sears' own standard for "pharmaceutical grade". In this recent book "The Omega Rx Zone", Sears states that any fish oil that freezes when placed in a freezer is not "pharmaceutical-grade". Well, a couple of months ago, some members on the drsears.com forum complained that they subjected their Sears Labs oil to the freezer test, and the oil did in fact freeze over. I broke open a few capsules of my own Sears Labs oil and put it in the freezer.... guess what? It was like ice within a few hours. Sears Labs customer service blamed this on "seasonal variations" in the amount of saturated fat in the fish... blah blah blah. Try it for yourself. You have to be skeptical when an author claims that only way to achieve optimal health is to spend $50 a month on a supplement that only his company produces

Just wanted to share my subjective findings from including fish oils in my diet. I've been taking 12, 1000mg tabs per day for 2 weeks.

1. +1kg BW and decreased body fat
    2. Decreased muscle soreness
    3. Improved general well being

Can I ask what brand David please?

kevinG,
    awesome post! I had to laugh when I read it. Amazing, Sears fish oils dont meet his own standards, who would have guessed.

There's no substitute for eating fresh fish.