Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When should I begin the GPP phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Comanch09
    Alright, so the second GPP should be shorter than the first. But I still am curious, how many mock meets should I make for the Nov.-Jan. indoor meet part?
    You could do 3 to 4 mock meets in the span of 10 to 12 days (like on the grand prix circuit)

Banned
    So, I'm thinking right now, I could do something like that between Dec. 21- Dec. 30. School is out then, and think it seems like good timing. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoluski
    Work backwards from main competition and adjust time available accordingly.

Usually and if everything has been ok, GPP II is shorter vs. GPP I
    Ok.
    But would GPP2 use the same means of GPP1 ? For examples hill running?
    Or would it be completely diffrent??

Another question. In the first day of Gpp,that is the first day of training after quite long time of "rest",may be the hill acceleration be a little dangerous? Maybe i should limit the effort of acceleration (for examles not more 95% of maximum effort) ?

A last question(i'm going out of topic) What does in weight section primary and secondary lifts mean? That i should choose only one of the exercise of the group??
    Thanks Rauno

Quote Originally Posted by fulkrum
    Ok.
    But would GPP2 use the same means of GPP1 ? For examples hill running?
    Or would it be completely diffrent??

Another question. In the first day of Gpp,that is the first day of training after quite long time of "rest",may be the hill acceleration be a little dangerous? Maybe i should limit the effort of acceleration (for examles not more 95% of maximum effort) ?

A last question(i'm going out of topic) What does in weight section primary and secondary lifts mean? That i should choose only one of the exercise of the group??
    Thanks Rauno
    In GPP, you usually have a week or two of tempo to get back into training before the hills. Primary lifts are the ones of most importance while secondary ones are supporting ones.

AH ok; i wasn't understanding that.
    Do you use also this week for the second (or third GPP)?
    Will you use hill too?

A question to you...is your 4 week a kind of "unloading" mycrocicle (because you don't do medball throws e the next week you begin run on the track).

And moving to SPP with a short to long approach,like the one on the Vancouver 2004, in the first 7 week i can't see a unloading microcycle(maybe the forth).
    Should i try to "get" the philosophy of the progressione, or the program is strictly this shown??

Rauno

Quote Originally Posted by fulkrum
    AH ok; i wasn't understanding that.
    Do you use also this week for the second (or third GPP)?
    Will you use hill too?

A question to you...is your 4 week a kind of "unloading" mycrocicle (because you don't do medball throws e the next week you begin run on the track).

And moving to SPP with a short to long approach,like the one on the Vancouver 2004, in the first 7 week i can't see a unloading microcycle(maybe the forth).
    Should i try to "get" the philosophy of the progressione, or the program is strictly this shown??

Rauno
    Much of unloading is through the intensity of the work and anyway you should structure your own sessions to suit the specific needs of your own athlete. This is just a sample of what can be done, not a prescription for all.