Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Week 7 Speed Work

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Not sure how you can't reach top speed when doing fly ins? Given just a 20m build up, I believe you could hit top speed if you went immediately explode after the the buildup for the next 20m thereafter, thus, not being suitable in gpp phase.

Im thinking its not the buildup amount, but just pushing the body as fast as you can..no matter on time, just on going 100%, I dont think would be good during the gpp season.
    Your thoughts are respected, but in the flying you are describing you CAN'T reach top speed! It's not as easy, as you think.

You are describing a 40 m drill with 20 m build-up and 20 m flying; even 40 m at 100% don't allow sprinters of average level to reach top speeds, let alone top level athletes.

If the duration of the build-up, or the distance of the acceleration is not important in the level of top speed attained, you might as well "push you body as fast as you can" "just on going 100%" by running on the spot...

Run 2 60s with 10 m flat out and 50 m maintain for the 1st 60 m and 30 m flat out and 30 m maintain in the 2nd one and compare the times.

I suppose there is no other way of making my self clearer; it's up to you how deep you want to go and search for it...
    The info provided in this site (i.e., forum and products) will help you a lot though!

Take care!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Banned
    Yeh..Ive been on this site for years, know my way around.
    I personally wouldn't go 100% on the track during GPP. These flyins require 100%, so I wouldnt go near them now.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Yeh..Ive been on this site for years, know my way around.
    I personally wouldn't go 100% on the track during GPP. These flyins require 100%, so I wouldnt go near them now.
    This was 90% of my success as a coach - when I have learned from Charlie that speed MUST be developed in the GPP. It is SO logic - I cannot tell why I did not think about it myself!! Short to long, speed in GPP and speed endurance on a later stage ... when I have changed my programmes in this order, I have become a VERY IMPORTANT and SUCCESSFUL coach. Thanks to Charlie!!

Try this - you will be amazed at the results!