Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZMA vs. BCAA+Glutamine (Bedtime)

Clemson
    I would take the Glutamine to support your immune system in the morning and not take any other BCAAs, save the during workout formula. Charlie has shared what he did in the 80s yet I see everyone thinking their Gatorade is going to be the same.

Take ZMA raw and last with no other product and the GH release theory doesn't work with oral based products and their is a key difference between GH levels and GH action . I can starve myself and my GH will rise dramatically but it will not be a protocol to help performance! GH breaks down adipose tissue, so elevation of serum levels will not repair you as much as people may theorize.

How can I tell if I need ZMA? If I do start to take it, how long until things normalize and I get off it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson
    Charlie has shared what he did in the 80s yet I see everyone thinking their Gatorade is going to be the same.
    I guess it would be the same if there was no sugars in it and only BCAAs instead ;-)

So following your arguments I'll change my overall plan to:

immediately after getting up
    4.5g Glutamin

btw. breakfast and lunch:
    protein shake (aprox. 25g - 35g protein)

30 min. before Training:
    6.3g Arginine

immediately after training:
    BCAAs+
    4.5g Glutamin+
    500mg Vit C

(15-45 min later):
    protein shake (aprox. 25g - 35g protein)
    + Vit B Complex

Bedtime (min 1-2 hrs after last meal):
    ZMA (which is):
    150 mg Magnesium Aspartat
    10 mg Zinc (OptiZinc a la Balco)
    3.5 mg Vitamin B6

Hairsplitting? ... but perhaps you could already start sipping BCAAs in the middle of a longer training session and at the end of a shorter one.

Quote Originally Posted by lorien
    Hairsplitting?
    No hairsplitting at all - I'd take them about every 50-60 minutes (like Charlie recommended).

But being a "masters guy" (old) I plan not to do any workout longer than 60 minutes.