Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rep Power

I dont know if this is new or if I never noticed it before, but theres this thing that says "rep power" in the little user frame on posts now. What is it and how does someone gain "rep power"?

Rupert

Hi Mister C

Rep Power is short for reputation. Reputation is assigned by other members of the cf.com community at large.

When a user reads ANY post here at the forum, you are able to give its author rep points by clicking the scales of justice as per enclosed picture (the button is indicated by the red circle). This can be done from any post you read here. More points on your rep power has its advantages here. See below.

Ahh, thanks.

I had a rep power of 1 last week and this week its at zero, how did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Supervenomsuperman
    I had a rep power of 1 last week and this week its at zero, how did that happen?
    When you post on some of the discussions that you disagree with what someone is saying, if they don't like what you're saying or if they think you're being rude they will post, "disagree", and this will take away a point from you.

Rupert
    SVS and members

Dont forget that rep power get you stuff here at cf.com (including consultations). I'll have a short list of rep points/power requirements and what you can do with them shortly.

As it stands

If you have 10 min. rep power as of today, get in touch with me asap. More to follow on this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedKills
    When you post on some of the discussions that you disagree with what someone is saying, if they don't like what you're saying or if they think you're being rude they will post, "disagree", and this will take away a point from you.

Well in that case my rep power will probably be -100 in the future!LOL I tell it like it is and if that means that I'm an asshole sometimes so be it!

CARPE DIEM!

We all agree there is nothing wrong with constructive dissagreement....

How else will all be challanged to learn and get better?

Rupert
    The key being constructive.

Honestly, I think it's dumb. I got up to 2 or 3 and now it's 0! Whatever. I don't really care. Some people don't have better things to do except take points away just because they don't like what I posted and they don't even give good explaination at all. Whatever.