Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omega 3's or Fish oil?

Omega 3's or Fish oil?

When suggesting consuming 3 grams of fish oil does this refer to the total amount of oil in the pills or the amount of omega 3's in the pills? ((ex. 3 pills containing 1 gram of total oil (not neccesarily all omega 3's) or 10 - 1 gram pills with each pill containing DHA 120 and EPA 180))

Thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duwaan
    When suggesting consuming 3 grams of fish oil does this refer to the total amount of oil in the pills or the amount of omega 3's in the pills? ((ex. 3 pills containing 1 gram of total oil (not neccesarily all omega 3's) or 10 - 1 gram pills with each pill containing DHA 120 and EPA 180))

Thanks.
    i do 3 grams of dha and epa so in your case it would take 10 pills to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by ccardill
    i do 3 grams of dha and epa so in your case it would take 10 pills to get there.
    is that through fish and supplements?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy o
    is that through fish and supplements?
    i hardly ever eat any fish, so if i do that would be in addition to the 3g i get from supplementing.

3g is a good dose I agree. You should notice a reduction in inflamation and possibly a bit of leaning up. But this of course depends upon your current status.

Fish oil is something that I have mixed feeling on when recommending one. Some seem very economical but with the extreme dangers today with mercury poisoning, well it may not be worth it saving $5-10 per month. Personally I spend the extra cash on products that have been varified and we know are clean. Just my .02

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    3g is a good dose I agree. You should notice a reduction in inflamation and possibly a bit of leaning up. But this of course depends upon your current status.

Fish oil is something that I have mixed feeling on when recommending one. Some seem very economical but with the extreme dangers today with mercury poisoning, well it may not be worth it saving $5-10 per month. Personally I spend the extra cash on products that have been varified and we know are clean. Just my .02
    clemson has stated that he's had sears fish oil tested and its come back clean.

i look at fish oil like i do a mulitvitamin, more of a long-term investment in my health. thoughts?

That's who I use, Sears. I know of at least three individuals who have gotten mercury poisoning from canned tuna alone. Downing fishh oil can be even more risky if the mercury has not been taken care of. So instead of preventing disease you end up slowly killing yourself.

I use the Sear's Lab oil as well. I agree with ccardill that something that fundamental is worth the long term investment. It's better to invest in a few basic high quality supplements than spending a fortune a several marginal ones.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    It's better to invest in a few basic high quality supplements than spending a fortune a several marginal ones.
    between protein, fish oil, coconut milk, pwo shake, zma and my daily food intake, i'm going broke!

Sounds about right.