Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1748

Thread: Chris6878's journal.

Re: Chris6878's journal.

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Yes I agree, a great thread. Everyone is different with their food tolerances. I have increased my meat consumption to three times a day ,either, beef, chicken .fish and have noticed an increse in energy and easier to maintain weight. We are all different.
    What about losing weight? Do you think it helps when losing?

Quote Originally Posted by jquick View Post
    Any advice/tips for taking extended periods off and away from intense frequent training? Thanks!
    I think doing the good recovery week after every block will really help. If you wanna hit that super compensation. Taking that week off ill do maybe just tempo and weights. RIde the bike, swim stuff like that. As for extended periods, its hard for me to just do nothing. Im scared to gain weight or get to much out of shape. But I think 2 weeks off after a long season is needed. Best to have a nice vacation set up after the season and really be forced to relax.

4/3 got back from denver on sunday 4/2. Temp drop to 29 degrees the last few days. Couldnt wait to leave. THe flight was the worst. 4.5 hours on a cramp united flight. Body felt meh when I landed.
    Did tempo via jogging with my students. 15x100 with them. did another five after work, flex drills, and med ball oh throw to try and get the cns back for tuesday. Went home micro stretch and self massage.

4/4
    AM plyos and various pulls and abs at work.
    pm-speed end day. planned workout 4x30, 60,80,100,120. ended up scrapping the last two reps. calves felt tight.
    while warming up I did a blast out of the blocks to ten meters and ended up coasting to 30. I had the timing system set up. ran 1.89 to 10 and 1.87 the last 20. for a 3.7 30. I ofcourse didnt belive it. Ive been working on coming out of the blocks ad a lower angle.
    my actual 4x30 starts, the timing system kept screwing up so Who knows if the time was real or not.
    1x60,80. standing.
    Weight room
    3x10 lunge. its lunge time, dropping the high pulls.
    micro stretch at home.

4/5
    therapy. soft tissue work.
    My guy always does ems to warm up the muscle before. I noticed my hams and calves didnt lock up like usual and then release after a few minutes. He said when the muscle locks up its been overworked. I go every 2 weeks and it now it feels pretty good.
    Abs and pushups at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    What about losing weight? Do you think it helps when losing?
    It has helped me with losing weight while maintaining energy and satiety, some resources are Charles Poliquin ,meat and nut breakfast and Mike Sheridan: Eat meat and stop jogging. If any of that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    I think doing the good recovery week after every block will really help. If you wanna hit that super compensation. Taking that week off ill do maybe just tempo and weights. RIde the bike, swim stuff like that. As for extended periods, its hard for me to just do nothing. Im scared to gain weight or get to much out of shape. But I think 2 weeks off after a long season is needed. Best to have a nice vacation set up after the season and really be forced to relax.
    Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to train extensively for over 2 months and have lost a lot of strength, speed, and gained weight. I remember an older and very experienced athletics coach once told me that it usually takes twice as much time to get back what you lost from not training at all. Any thoughts/advice on what to do to slowly gain everything back?

The general idea jquick is don't ever get too far away from any of your training if possible. Every person let alone athletes need to have a variety of solutions on how to continue to train in the face of the 'hurdles' in life.

Try and avoid up and down gains and losses. It's time consuming and costly on your energy to come back. Having said that sometimes we get knocked off our game. Loss, stress, unexpected change to routine, accidents happen.

How you slowly gain everything back is start now.

And on route to doing so hit each category of the training routine. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, make your training consistent and routine and gradually build up over time. Take weeks not hours or days to come back. The increases need not be drastic but consistency is one of the single more important aspects of getting back into a routine.

I used to tell people to pick a time volume and frequently per week they can sustain. Usually it's not more than 2 or 3 x per week and begin with one hour if possible on those days. Do that for 2 to 3 weeks and then begin to add the volume of time to each session.

If you have not watched "The Jane Project" it might be a good way to understand the progressive nature of the areas you need to address to "come back". Here is the link https://www.charliefrancis.com/colle...oadable-format

Quote Originally Posted by jquick View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to train extensively for over 2 months and have lost a lot of strength, speed, and gained weight. I remember an older and very experienced athletics coach once told me that it usually takes twice as much time to get back what you lost from not training at all. Any thoughts/advice on what to do to slowly gain everything back?
    Try and train 4x per week. I prefer more regular sessions of lower volumes rather than infrequent longer sessions.
    2 sessions of speed relevant to your event and 2 complementary sessions - tempo, circuits, weights.
    Speed - limit overall session volume to 200m moving to 300m.
    Tempo - go from 1000m to 2000m. Perhaps a bit more/less depending on whether you are 100 or 400 type.
    In a fitness phase I prefer tempo to weights.
    A speed session can be replaced by short hills + accelerations.

4/6
    2x30 relaxed starts
    5x200 tempo pace
    bench, various pulls, back ext, squats.

4/7
    off/rode bike for 15 min salt bath
    4/8
    tempo 15x100
    10x oh throw
    dep push ups. 100,39,28. Havent done these in a while. the tris and pecs where cramping

4/9
    injured again.
    during some block starts, my second start I took 3 steps out the blocks and felt a pop in my left calf. I thought I had got shot, or hit with a rock. THis happened to my other calf last year, around the same time. Time for rehad. I was off for the week and planned to get some good work in before a big meet in clermont. Guess Ill be out for 3 weeks.
    Went home and began to rice, ems, and ultrasound. ill be doing bike and upper body until I can run again.
    I dont look forward to getting soft tissue on this calf, that shit hurt like hell last time......but I was ready to rock after 3 sessions each less painful.

Calves are tough to rehab. I can't remember? Do you like the pool or not? I'd pick pool instead of bike or at least both.

Look at it like this. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something or your head and you have not been listening?

I know it's still very inconvenient and annoying but you know what to do and how to do the rehab so that too is a bonus.

Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 135 ... LastLast