Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1748

Thread: Chris6878's journal.

Re: Chris6878's journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Mainly want to get my strength levels back up.
    Do you think that's gonna make you faster?

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Do you think that's gonna make you faster?
    it cant hurt.
    ill be sprinting but the focus is on strength for the next few months

it cant hurt.
    ill be sprinting but the focus is on strength for the next few months
    Read the mistakes I made in my journal... Don't make the same.

Read the mistakes I made in my journal... Don't make the same.
    ok, which page?

8/1
    10x100 warmup
    upper body day
    Bench 8,5,3,1,1,1,5 135,185,225, 260,215
    chest row 3x10
    rev curl 3x12
    tri press down3x12
    incline dumb 2x15

Decided to call it a season. Only meets left are hours away, and there is little chance of any real comp. Plus one meet a month is a waste.
    Starting a strength phase for the next 6 months.
    Aug-sept- heavy weights and tempo
    sept oct- heavy weights tempo and some kind of speed
    oct-nov heavy weights, longer tempo and a speed session
    nov-jan- heavy weights and sled work and long tempo

Probably will make adjustments.....speed will be accel work
    How's that weight training program working for you?

How's that weight training program working for you?
    strength levels are back. I feel stronger. I feel better when Im stronger, maybe its a mind thing. Jumped on the paleo diet....getting my food catered. dropped 15 pounds just from that. Now my focus is getting this achilles back under control.
    I started a gpp in September which included one day of hills and another day of sleds. After about 2 months of that the achilles started to act up. I think the hills may have aggravated it...that plus me not keeping up with my therapy.

Took a week off of no running and just lifting and the it feels much better. I also started going aggressive with therapy. Getting a weekly massage plus nightly self massage, calf stretches and the mckenzie stuff and rolfing.
    Gonna do some tempo, and also hit a sprint session this week and see how it feels.

I think im gonna have to twice weekly massage forever to keep the body in check.

strength levels are back. I feel stronger. I feel better when Im stronger, maybe its a mind thing. Jumped on the paleo diet....getting my food catered. dropped 15 pounds just from that. Now my focus is getting this achilles back under control.
    I started a gpp in September which included one day of hills and another day of sleds. After about 2 months of that the achilles started to act up. I think the hills may have aggravated it...that plus me not keeping up with my therapy.

Took a week off of no running and just lifting and the it feels much better. I also started going aggressive with therapy. Getting a weekly massage plus nightly self massage, calf stretches and the mckenzie stuff and rolfing.
    Gonna do some tempo, and also hit a sprint session this week and see how it feels.

I think im gonna have to twice weekly massage forever to keep the body in check.
    I feel much better when I am stronger. When I feel weak it's usually because I have not been training correctly or not eating well or sleeping much or usually it's a bit of all of those variables.

I wonder if dropping 15 pounds ( what did you weight and how tall are you?) will help you with your lower limb issues?

Charlie always had us do hills when our calves were bothering us with tightness or cramping or worse yet achilles issues. We always found that hills helped. We also did as much as possible to warm up the body and then only did the sprinting in as little volumes as we could possibly get away with. Once you get an issue it's MUCH harder to get rid of it especially as we get older (LOL) than if we maintain and avoid stuff that causes the issues. I guess the trick is to find out for you what has aggravated your achilles. The million dollar question right?

Have you tried paraffin wax ever? And it seems like you are not interested in doing contrast baths / showers. Ben hated doing them but did them often.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    I feel much better when I am stronger. When I feel weak it's usually because I have not been training correctly or not eating well or sleeping much or usually it's a bit of all of those variables.

I wonder if dropping 15 pounds ( what did you weight and how tall are you?) will help you with your lower limb issues?

Charlie always had us do hills when our calves were bothering us with tightness or cramping or worse yet achilles issues. We always found that hills helped. We also did as much as possible to warm up the body and then only did the sprinting in as little volumes as we could possibly get away with. Once you get an issue it's MUCH harder to get rid of it especially as we get older (LOL) than if we maintain and avoid stuff that causes the issues. I guess the trick is to find out for you what has aggravated your achilles. The million dollar question right?

Have you tried paraffin wax ever? And it seems like you are not interested in doing contrast baths / showers. Ben hated doing them but did them often.
    I used to do contrast often. But I usually did them in the shower, but sometimes the water doesnt get very cold in florida.
    Im 5'8 and im at 173 right now. Down from 188 this summer. Gonna continue to drop weight to get down to atleast 165. Once im able to sprint on a continuous basis it will be easy to drop a few more pounds.

Never tried the wax before.
    I wonder if the hills dint cause it to bother me then it was probably my lack of therapy. My last sprint session, which was two weeks ago, I was able to sprint most of the workout then it started to bother me, so I shut it down for the day. Thats when I decided to do a week off and see how it feels. Now Im not limping around during the day waiting for it to warm up.

I been making changes to my track program for the season after reviewing all my notes etc. Mostly likely going Mon/Fri sprints/wts, Wed weights only, Sat tempo and rest the other days. Push days on mon/fri and pull days on wed. Weights will be linear (hypertrophy strength power).