Page 178 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1782

Thread: Chris6878's journal.

Re: Chris6878's journal.

Man, out there racing! Way to grab the W.

This was the first season since I came back to track in 2009 where I didn't get an outdoor time. I pulled up at the mid-point of my first 100m this season, and the combination of the injury, weather, and obligations knocked other meets out. Summer track around WI is weak.

How old are you this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post

This was the first season since I came back to track in 2009 where I didn't get an outdoor time. I pulled up at the mid-point of my first 100m this season, and the combination of the injury, weather, and obligations knocked other meets out. Summer track around WI is weak.

That sucks. I guess you would have to travel out the state for meets.
    I hit 41 june 8th. Ill be 42 when the masters worlds hits next season in Canada. Hope to be lo 11 or under by then.

umm, that's why you never answered my question about your performances.. Cripple in the first meet - get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    umm, that's why you never answered my question about your performances.. Cripple in the first meet - get well soon.
    Yeah, man. I was pretty upset, which probably caused me to dip out of track convos for a while. 9 out of 10 injuries, I know exactly went wrong (e.g., overtaining, fatigued at end of workout, tight coming in, etc.). This was the 1 out of 10. I felt great heading into the first meet, and everything felt right that day. Hit a fly 20m in 1.97 leading up to it, so things looked good for trying to go sub-11 in 2019. Well, your results are your results.

Yeah, man. I was pretty upset, which probably caused me to dip out of track convos for a while. 9 out of 10 injuries, I know exactly went wrong (e.g., overtaining, fatigued at end of workout, tight coming in, etc.). This was the 1 out of 10. I felt great heading into the first meet, and everything felt right that day. Hit a fly 20m in 1.97 leading up to it, so things looked good for trying to go sub-11 in 2019. Well, your results are your results.
    Those are the worst injuries kinda like when you don't know what's wrong with your car it causes more stress.

Speaking of injuries, meet last night. Got a quad strain running the 100. Well I dont knowbif it was a strain or just cramp. Its sore today....going to see my therapist today to get a real diagnosis

well ive got a 1.5 grade tear in my upper quad to my psoas. Doc says im out for about 3 weeks atleast. Ill be going to see him twice a week. until im healed. Had another pro meet to hit next weekend but thats out now. Hopiing I can get one more in.
    Doc says I can do tempo and upper body. Nothing that engages the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    well ive got a 1.5 grade tear in my upper quad to my psoas. Doc says im out for about 3 weeks atleast. Ill be going to see him twice a week. until im healed. Had another pro meet to hit next weekend but thats out now. Hopiing I can get one more in.
    Doc says I can do tempo and upper body. Nothing that engages the core.
    I'm not surprise at all... Look at your training - at 42yrs old you are doing too much unnecessary stuff. Your training should be black/white I should be able to see a simple progression from day 1 to day 300. No need for hurdle pushes, weighted vest drills, and all the other random stuff you are doing. Keep the quality high, volume low, and eliminated all the fat!!!!

If you don't believe that eliminating the fat works. Try having one high intensity weight session and one 60m time trail every week for 8 weeks and I guarantee the results would speak for themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    I'm not surprise at all... Look at your training - at 42yrs old you are doing too much unnecessary stuff. Your training should be black/white I should be able to see a simple progression from day 1 to day 300. No need for hurdle pushes, weighted vest drills, and all the other random stuff you are doing. Keep the quality high, volume low, and eliminated all the fat!!!!

If you don't believe that eliminating the fat works. Try having one high intensity weight session and one 60m time trail every week for 8 weeks and I guarantee the results would speak for themselves....
    probably right, I got caught up in the losing weight and needing to try and catch up on what i missed most of the season while dealing with Achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    probably right, I got caught up in the losing weight and needing to try and catch up on what i missed most of the season while dealing with Achilles.
    You can't play catch up.... If you wanted to make some ground the best way to do that is high quality low volume work. Having an accurate way to time your runs is the best way to make your speed training sessions high intensity!!! Lot's of high quality timed 60's and 150's for the 100 - nothing else!!!!

I mention this in my journal - that I felt doing nothing but sled pulls in the first month didn't have much impact on my sprinting performance at this point of my career. I felt doing more unresisted sprint work is much more important at this point. Very similar to how your training should look a lot more specfic at this point in your career - 1: because the general shit don't give much reward 2: at your age you can't do everything and recover from it.