Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Michael Thomas

Re: Michael Thomas

I wouldn't call it fake strength but the handle position (when the bar is flipped on the high side) allows the lifter to contort their body to significantly reduce range of motion, turning it into a quarter squat with a rounded upper back.

I think if you focus on form, it can be a decent lift but you need to be careful when progressing week-to-week that your form is consistent. It's easy to add 50 lbs in a month when in fact you're no stronger, you're just performing the lift with different form (more efficiently).

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Straight from my journal.

In January I took 8 weeks and did nothing but upper body weights and treated all the lower body injuries I was dealing with. The next 8 weeks I introduced tempo and various bodyweight movements. The fifth month I continued the tempo and bodyweight movements but added jump circuits and mb throws. The sixth and final month I put everything back into the program, tempo, jumps, throws, and short hills (10-20m). So far, this is the healthiest I been since 2011ish but still have a little way to go. I am also the lightest I have been since soph year of high school - my weight has gone from 193-195 to 168lbs. I introduced the tempo back into the program very slowly, started with 6x100 and stayed there for 4 weeks, 8x100 for 4 weeks, 10x100 for 4 weeks, and 12x100 day 1, 6x200 day 2 for 4 weeks. Since starting gpp 4 weeks ago I have dropped all tempo but will add it back at some point if needed.

Pre gpp:
    Tempo 2400m weekly
    Hills 240-300 per session
    Jumps 16-24 weekly
    MB 36-60 weekly
    If sprint volume is decently high (800m or so a week) especially if doing hills or sleds, I have no problem keeping strength.

I also like just doing some lunges or split squat as the lower lift when sprinting a lot.

Trap bar deadlift = fake strength. I didn't lift for months and could still trap dl 500lbs but struggled with 300lbs on my back.
    Might be a while before I try a normal dead again with my injury. Less chance of injury with the trap I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Might be a while before I try a normal dead again with my injury. Less chance of injury with the trap I figured.
    I told you what to do with your injuries - Db rev lunges, 45hypers, leg press, db split squats, pull throughs for your lower body lifts. I would even consider starting off with long duration iso split squats.

I told you what to do with your injuries - Db rev lunges, 45hypers, leg press, db split squats, pull throughs for your lower body lifts. I would even consider starting off with long duration iso split squats.
    Been doing the pull-throughs and leg press in addition to a bunch of other glutes and the big 3. Also doing bul split squats. just now starting to feel good with those. Ill add the lunges soon. Last time I tried to lunge in late july it was a no go