Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding Tempo Work

Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

I like the looks of the OL version. Just bought a nice weightlifting bar with bearing sleeves. Hopefully will have a platform built soon and I'll grab some bumper plates on black Friday if I can find stock.

Just to confirm, descending day would look like:

Warmups, Sprints, RDL, Squat, Cleans, Jump Squat, Depth Jumps?

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    I like the looks of the OL version. Just bought a nice weightlifting bar with bearing sleeves. Hopefully will have a platform built soon and I'll grab some bumper plates on black Friday if I can find stock.

Just to confirm, descending day would look like:

Warmups, Sprints, RDL, Squat, Cleans, Jump Squat, Depth Jumps?
    No. He recommended for all aux work to be at the end and I like it that way. wup - sprints - sq - cleans - jsq - dj - rdl etc.

Ol's 1-3 reps
    squats 1-6
    jsq 8-12
    dj 5

I like that better

Just had an idea.
    If my doing my sprints on concrete this winter, would pulling a sled reduce wear and tear on my ankles/joints? I'd think a slight reduction in velocity would be helpful.

Just had an idea.
    If my doing my sprints on concrete this winter, would pulling a sled reduce wear and tear on my ankles/joints? I'd think a slight reduction in velocity would be helpful.
    I wouldn't worry about it - you are still young and performing 5-6x30 shouldn't hurt anything. Check the price for 30m horse stall mat.

I like that better
    Another thing you may consider - is when the focus is on the speed lifts do more volume on them and less on the strength lifts and the same on the other days. For example on my speed days the depth jumps were 15-20 reps vs strength day 10-15.

Why'd you get rid of the 5th movement (Step up jumps) from the program? To me they seemed a bit out of place but just asking.
    Should have a proper barbell in the next week or two then I can start the program. I don't want to be doing cleans or snatches with my axle.

Why'd you get rid of the 5th movement (Step up jumps) from the program? To me they seemed a bit out of place but just asking.
    Should have a proper barbell in the next week or two then I can start the program. I don't want to be doing cleans or snatches with my axle.
    Canadian Ascending-Descending training
    This is basically a spin-off from the Bulgarian complex. It also includes 4-5 exercises of
    various loading. The difference with the Bulgarian complex is that you have two
    workouts for each group of muscles/movements (either a lower body/upper body split or
    push/pull/lower body split). The first workout is an ascending workout (starting with the
    quickest but lightest exercise) and the second workout is a descending workout (starting
    with the slowest but heaviest exercise). Basically, the first workout is a reverse Bulgarian
    complex while the second workout is a regular Bulgarian complex.
    There is one other slight deviation from the Bulgarian complex. In the Bulgarian complex
    you perform one set of each exercise of the complex then start a new complex (vertical
    loading). However, in the Canadian Ascending-Descending method you perform all the
    sets of an exercise before moving on to the next exercise in the complex (horizontal
    loading).

Ascending workout
    First exercise Shock/reactive strength exercise
    Second exercise Ballistic exercise
    Third exercise Strength-speed exercise
    Fourth exercise Slow-speed strength exercise

Straight from his book - the movements don't matter - it's the concept. Some of the stuff you may see online isn't from him.

Thanks
    Which book of his?

Thanks
    Which book of his?
    Theory and Application of Modern Strength and Power Methods