Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding Tempo Work

Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    The month off in Europe/quarantine didn't help but I've taken about 0.10-0.15 off my 30m. Haven't tested for a while, been sticking with falling and prone starts recently.
    Sweet - what's your 30m time?

I'll try to test this week and report back, weather pending. Where's yours at now?
    Did hills yesterday for the first time. Only 12m in length because that's what's available at my track but it was nice. Crazy how much less stressful they feel on the body compared to track sprints.

I'll try to test this week and report back, weather pending. Where's yours at now?
    Did hills yesterday for the first time. Only 12m in length because that's what's available at my track but it was nice. Crazy how much less stressful they feel on the body compared to track sprints.
    Huh - you just said your 30m time is 0.10-0.15 faster.

I last tested mid to late August before my month off. Was down to 4.30.
    I only started timing in early July so can't give an exact improvement on where I was 4 months ago.

I last tested mid to late August before my month off. Was down to 4.30.
    I only started timing in early July so can't give an exact improvement on where I was 4 months ago.
    Stick with it over winter. I been running 4.02 most of this block - wish I had another 2 months of warm winter because I don't have any indoor tracks.

I probably have at most 1 month remaining before it's too cold for the track.
    I could continue doing indoor sprints at my shop ... would be on concrete though with a max distance of 20-30m. Think that would be safe if I limit volume?

I probably have at most 1 month remaining before it's too cold for the track.
    I could continue doing indoor sprints at my shop ... would be on concrete though with a max distance of 20-30m. Think that would be safe if I limit volume?
    You guys don't have any indoor tracks up in Canada? Research the canadian ascending-descending program - one of my favorites.

Off to do some tempo, I'll read up later.

Found a thread on here describing the concept. And a few posts by CT.
    Is CAD used anywhere in your log? I understand the concept but would be nice to see it laid out in a program. CT recommending depth jumps for sets of 10 seems high.
    I assume any sprinting would still come first, even on a descending day.
    Could try something like:

Day 1 Ascending
    Day 2 Upper
    Day 3 Off
    Day 4 Descending
    Day 5 Conditioning & Calisthenics
    Day 6 Off
    Day 7 Off

Found a thread on here describing the concept. And a few posts by CT.
    Is CAD used anywhere in your log? I understand the concept but would be nice to see it laid out in a program. CT recommending depth jumps for sets of 10 seems high.
    I assume any sprinting would still come first, even on a descending day.
    Could try something like:

Day 1 Ascending
    Day 2 Upper
    Day 3 Off
    Day 4 Descending
    Day 5 Conditioning & Calisthenics
    Day 6 Off
    Day 7 Off
    I don't think so... Yes, his volumes are high. I have 2 different formats - one using ol lifts and one using jumps.

For yourself I would recommend 2 days of sprint work with volumes in the 150-200m range over 10-30m.

Ol format: Depth jumps, Jump squats, P cleans, squats, rdl

Non ol format: blk 1 - Vert jumps, lunge jumps, depth jumps, jump squats, squat, rdl (to give you an idea on the volume - the depth jumps never went over 20 reps per session - 18in box)