Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Question Regarding Tempo Work

Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

Lol well the heat was part of the reason but I was also suppose to golf today and it got cancelled so I had an extra day to work with.

So went from:
    Wed Speed
    Thur Tempo
    Fri Off
    Sat Off
    Sun Speed

To:
    Wed Speed
    Thur Off
    Friday **Throws+Tempo** day in question
    Sat Off
    Sun Speed

And I'm not a good jump athlete in the least.

Seeing as I've already got 48 hours rest, should I just do another speed session today? I'm busy tomorrow so it will be another 48 hours before my following session.
    I've been slacking on tempo work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Don't mix high intensity and tempo on same day or more specifically least not back to back due to cellular signalling. Sending mixed signals to the body will usually default the training effects towards the endurance character and AMPK activation rather than mTOR. It would blunt the potential beneficial effects of the high intensity training.

In the beginning of training it's not such a big deal to mix somewhat as CF did but the majority of training should not be mixed high and low intensity in the same session.
    @Vison1 - key word "beginning"... I would say you could perform med ball and upper body weights at any point on tempo days - unless you were a 500lb bench presser or world class thrower. Your output on those movements are so low it's not a big deal. If you view Charlie material - in the early stages he had the high intensity elements spread throughout the week and as the intensity got higher he bought the high intensity elements back together.

Sending mixed signals - if that was the case let's perform strength training on a different day.

Mon: speed
    Tue: wts
    Thur: speed
    Fri: wts
    Sat: tempo

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Seeing as I've already got 48 hours rest, should I just do another speed session today? I'm busy tomorrow so it will be another 48 hours before my following session.
    I've been slacking on tempo work though.
    I wouldn't because that could hinder the following weeks of training. Perform your normal tempo session while adding the throws after your warmup.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Sending mixed signals - if that was the case let's perform strength training on a different day.

Mon: speed
    Tue: wts
    Thur: speed
    Fri: wts
    Sat: tempo
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you telling me to split up speed and weights or are you making a point that different "signals" can be performed on the same day?

I don't follow a strict program so there are no following weeks to hinder. I train when I have time to and I base my workouts by looking at the days before & after + going by feel. Just trying to get general principles figured out.

For example, considering the two options, which is ideal? I'm guessing option 1:

Day 1 - Off
    Day 2 - Speed
    Day 3 - Tempo
    Day 4 - Off

Day 1 - Off
    Day 2 - Tempo
    Day 3 - Speed
    Day 4 - Off

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you telling me to split up speed and weights or are you making a point that different "signals" can be performed on the same day?

I don't follow a strict program so there are no following weeks to hinder. I train when I have time to and I base my workouts by looking at the days before & after + going by feel. Just trying to get general principles figured out.

For example, considering the two options, which is ideal? I'm guessing option 1:

Day 1 - Off
    Day 2 - Speed
    Day 3 - Tempo
    Day 4 - Off

Day 1 - Off
    Day 2 - Tempo
    Day 3 - Speed
    Day 4 - Off
    I was responding to Pioneer post... You know your body best, I'm only speaking from personal experiences when trying to make up for a lost session or move things to make up for lost time has always ended up in injuries. At the end of the day missing a workout or jump session isn't gonna make or break your training situation. Perform whatever work you had planned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Perform whatever work you had planned and move on.
    That's what I did, just tempo and calisthenics.

My Celar 5 spikes arrived. The arch is a bit high but they feel amazing.
    I'm setting PRs every speed session now. I should get a video up for form critiquing.