Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 96

Thread: Question Regarding Tempo Work

  1. #31
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    All sold out right now but I'll consider it thanks
    Yep, I bought 5 when they reloaded a couple weeks ago.

  2. #32

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Last night I did 6 x 100 tempo with (10 pushups + 20 abs + 100m walk) between each run.
    This was much better. Refreshing and leaves lots of room for progression.
    It was also under an hour door to door so I can see myself doing this twice per week.

  3. #33
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Last night I did 6 x 100 tempo with (10 pushups + 20 abs + 100m walk) between each run.
    This was much better. Refreshing and leaves lots of room for progression.
    It was also under an hour door to door so I can see myself doing this twice per week.
    When Charlie did the pushups/abs the 100m run was the actual recovery. Example 10 pushups - slow 100m run - 25abs - slow 100m run is another way to bring down the intensity. Another early option I like is the med ball tempo I usually use this option with my ol/dl - toss the med ball - run and toss again.

  4. #34

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    When Charlie did the pushups/abs the 100m run was the actual recovery. Example 10 pushups - slow 100m run - 25abs - slow 100m run is another way to bring down the intensity. Another early option I like is the med ball tempo I usually use this option with my ol/dl - toss the med ball - run and toss again.
    How do you tell your guys to limit their exertion on the throws? Assuming you're going for a low intensity day.

    I could have done way more calisthenics but I didn't want any pump to take away from running form. Should I not be worrying about that?

  5. #35
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    How do you tell your guys to limit their exertion on the throws? Assuming you're going for a low intensity day.

    I could have done way more calisthenics but I didn't want any pump to take away from running form. Should I not be worrying about that?
    1: The overall volume of work usually force a decrease in intensity.
    2: The type of throws.
    3: Loading/fatigue from previous day usually force a decrease in intensity.
    4: Explain to them the purpose of the training session and what you are looking for from an effort standpoint.

    If you watch the gpp dvd and see how Angie is performing the throws it's very easy to coach and a great workout!!!

  6. #36

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    I'm going to make myself a few medicine balls.

  7. #37

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Yep, I bought 5 when they reloaded a couple weeks ago.
    Back in stock now.
    What's that promo code?

  8. #38
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,739

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Hi Angela, thank you, lots of info here.

    I'm by no means a masters athlete, only 31. Athleticism is still there but injuries make it difficult for me to play much competitive lacrosse anymore so my training has less direction than it use to.

    When you do butt kicks, do you point your knees straight down for a quad stretch or allow them to come forward in a more natural running motion?

    What does "tripling over 100m" mean?

    I like the idea of starting with 6 x 100m with 100m walk back recovery. Less than half the volume and longer breaks between sets compared to what I did that first workout. Easy to build up from there and add ab work, calisthenics, etc throughout the workout.


    Not to go off-topic from this thread but how much volume do you recommend for speed work?
    All my sessions this month have been between 240m-320m total distance (sticking between 10m-40m with full recovery so far).
    Constant injuries indicate something. The question might be what do constant injuries indicate?

    -training without progression or method or method and progression is not working

    -Why are the progressions not working? Why are you training without method?

    -Diet and lifestyle has more to do with training than most athletes or non athletes believe ( no -fing kidding!)

    - bad sleep, not enough sleep, are you on your feet all day or sitting at a desk all day/ how to you make an income or support yourself = what we do all day or all night will intimately effect our training and lack of results

    - it's pointless to recommend a volume of speed work at this point isn't it?

  9. #39

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Constant injuries indicate something. The question might be what do constant injuries indicate?

    -training without progression or method or method and progression is not working

    -Why are the progressions not working? Why are you training without method?

    -Diet and lifestyle has more to do with training than most athletes or non athletes believe ( no -fing kidding!)

    - bad sleep, not enough sleep, are you on your feet all day or sitting at a desk all day/ how to you make an income or support yourself = what we do all day or all night will intimately effect our training and lack of results

    - it's pointless to recommend a volume of speed work at this point isn't it?
    These aren't training related injuries, they're competition (lacrosse) ... tears, broken bones, dislocations, etc

  10. #40
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Back in stock now.
    What's that promo code?
    LSTS - i think it's 10% discount 200 to $180.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •