Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Question Regarding Tempo Work

Re: Question Regarding Tempo Work

I think that program was from a Canadian bobsledder that got popped. He had some pretty freakish stats if i recall.

Wonder where "bulgarian complex" came from?

Probably his greatest achievement as a strength coach is the training of Pascal Caron, the break man for the Canada 1 bobsled team. At the training camp Pascal turned some heads after he bench pressed 425lbs at a body weight of 175lbs (without a bench shirt or any mechanical aid/recoil gear) and ran the 60m in 6.36 (0.02 sec. faster than the actual World Record by Maurice Greene of 6.38). Among other things, he has power snatched 100kg (hang snatch actually) and hang cleaned 130kg for a triple. At a pro football combines a few years back he also bench pressed 225lbs 33 times and ran a 4.17 / 40.

Sounds like mostly bs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Probably his greatest achievement as a strength coach is the training of Pascal Caron, the break man for the Canada 1 bobsled team. At the training camp Pascal turned some heads after he bench pressed 425lbs at a body weight of 175lbs (without a bench shirt or any mechanical aid/recoil gear) and ran the 60m in 6.36 (0.02 sec. faster than the actual World Record by Maurice Greene of 6.38). Among other things, he has power snatched 100kg (hang snatch actually) and hang cleaned 130kg for a triple. At a pro football combines a few years back he also bench pressed 225lbs 33 times and ran a 4.17 / 40.

Sounds like mostly bs to me.
    That's who I was referring to. If he ran the 60 at the bobsled thing I'm 99% sure it is with a 3m or so start before timer starts. Can't remember exactly.

That makes more sense. My original thought was:

The weightlifting numbers are impressive but reasonable for an olympic athlete.
    The bench is absurd
    and the sprints are impossible