Thread: ems and intrinsic foot musculatre

ems and intrinsic foot musculatre

I remember reading a while back that charlie used ems on the feet to prepare them for greater force.

has anyone had any experience using ems for arch activation? i'm particularly thinking of the transverse arch via abductor digiti minimi

does anyone have a better suggestion?

any advised dosages or products?

love to hear your thoughts

Re: ems and intrinsic foot musculatre

Quote Originally Posted by nimacere View Post
    I remember reading a while back that charlie used ems on the feet to prepare them for greater force.

has anyone had any experience using ems for arch activation? i'm particularly thinking of the transverse arch via abductor digiti minimi

does anyone have a better suggestion?

any advised dosages or products?

love to hear your thoughts
    I don't think CF used EMS on the feet, but i might be wrong. I would have look it up but using the device on the feet maybe contraindicated due to the nerve endings in the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer View Post
    I don't think CF used EMS on the feet, but i might be wrong. I would have look it up but using the device on the feet maybe contraindicated due to the nerve endings in the feet.
    Yes, you are wrong. He mention it in CFTS.

Quote Originally Posted by lacrossetrack View Post
    Yes, you are wrong. He mention it in CFTS.
    Were did he mention it ? In writing ?

This was posted by Ange in 2012

The back of the " Charlie Francis Training System" is an entire chapter Charlie wrote via the interview he had with Paul Patterson for the Coaching Association of Canada Project pre 1988. Charlie never was interested in this manual which was something he never had time to do but decided differently post 1988 of September.
    In the manual Charlie discusses the use of EMS in sport, Immediate Post Injury Applications of EMS, Why EMS - Training of Speed is interesting ( ie = ems preferentially contracts white fibre before red ...., which is opposite the natural recruitment order of the body..., Charlie goes on to talk about EMS in training Hamstrings/ Ankle and Abdominal Strength and discusses Planning and Periodization of EMS into a Modern Training Program.

Anyone wanting to use EMS for feet might also be interested in this section as he talks about stepping on the pads while in use as to prevent cramping.
    Continuing to learn is one thing in life that has to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer View Post
    for sure Sharm

you need ems anywayssssssszzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    for sure Sharm

you need ems anywayssssssszzzzzzzzzz

whoops. don't. you don't need ems

#cheapisgood

[QUOTE=DMA;260859]This was posted by Ange in 2012

The back of the " Charlie Francis Training System" is an entire chapter Charlie wrote via the interview he had with Paul Patterson for the Coaching Association of Canada Project pre 1988. Charlie never was interested in this manual which was something he never had time to do but decided differently post 1988 of September.
    In the manual Charlie discusses the use of EMS in sport, Immediate Post Injury Applications of EMS, Why EMS - Training of Speed is interesting ( ie = ems preferentially contracts white fibre before red ...., which is opposite the natural recruitment order of the body..., Charlie goes on to talk about EMS in training Hamstrings/ Ankle and Abdominal Strength and discusses Planning and Periodization of EMS into a Modern Training Program.

Anyone wanting to use EMS for feet might also be interested in this section as he talks about stepping on the pads while in use as to prevent cramping.[/QUOTE

DMA

Thank you.

Angé