Re: 1x20

lol!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore... Professional sprinter.. lol

Banned

worth noting perhaps that he was linked as being at Altis at the time :/

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    Be careful.... Let's keep it to the facts when dealing with drugs.

hahahahahah.

Well atleast he was smart enough to distance himself after and read up on charlie

Banned

You can google if you like.

However, in regards to the 1x20, I see no issue with it at all at this time of year, you're 10 months out and your periodization should allow for a nice build with a few undulations of max strength in that time.

I've found the 1x20 in GPP helps in identifying and working any imbalances and if done correctly any physical movement dysfunction also. We use something similar for 3 to 4 weeks and will actually be commencing as of next week with myself and my squad.

I remember a saying -- Sprinters who squat too much, run like they squat too much. So mixing your training up is not a bad thing at all.

What event and age group is your Toronto Target?

40-45 100

Id love to run the 200 and relay, but not staying for a week.

Banned

oh hard age group!

Some very good athletes in there, all I know are going to be making the trip.

I'm coming over for 18 days but only the m35 400 and relays (possibly the 200 if they adjust the timetable)

Do you have your periodization plan all done?

You can google if you like.

However, in regards to the 1x20, I see no issue with it at all at this time of year, you're 10 months out and your periodization should allow for a nice build with a few undulations of max strength in that time.

I've found the 1x20 in GPP helps in identifying and working any imbalances and if done correctly any physical movement dysfunction also. We use something similar for 3 to 4 weeks and will actually be commencing as of next week with myself and my squad.

I remember a saying -- Sprinters who squat too much, run like they squat too much. So mixing your training up is not a bad thing at all.

What event and age group is your Toronto Target?
    Unless you are in post season (active rest period) doing 20 reps is dumb. I took James Smith advice last year and kept my squats submax 50-80% and reps no higher than 6 and it worked great. This year I played around with sets of 10 reps and looking back I liked the results from 6 or less. At my age and ability level I have no use for 20 reps, I do welcome my competition to keep doing 20reps. I have raced against guys in the past and beaten them solely on my training being better. Stop the gimmicks and experimenting and get back to basics... Ask yourself this - would Charlie ever do 20 reps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    lolololololololollllllllllllllll

Yep USATF hit him with a ban hammer. Is he pro...hell naw. But I think he may have been at usatf meet or some shit and got caught....I assume. USATF will ban everyone if given the chance, pro or not. Have not heard about all the bans they hand out to masters athletes?

lollll
    I recently heard about some of the bans to masters athletes. Sounds dumb - what if you are 60yrs old and on HRT.