Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 1x20

Re: 1x20

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    It's a bad analogy to use a hammer pushing a nail into the ground with anything to do with sprinting.

It's also a really bad idea to do tempo in spikes, on a track and he is right about volume as a recipe. But if you read and follow the content regarding Vertical Integration and the way Charlie created the success he did for as long as he did it was the ideas to apply.

We always did tempo on the grass or pool or bike or in a circuit in that order. We always did tempo up to the point of proper competency. The technical aspect of the tempo is as important as the volume. When the athlete is not able to sustain proper technical running form the volume should already have been shut down.

On very rare occasions we did some tempo on the track with flats or spikes but it was very rare. It would be in the fall or spring before the total intensity and volume of work in spikes went up.

I hear of people doing repeat runs in spikes on the track all the time and no work on the grass ever for anything. Go for it but you have to look at the long game. Grass work is a way of practicing recovery of joints, ligament wear and tear, compression as all of this is cumulative on the muscular and the CNS.
    I been doing my tempo on the track but it fits my overall setup.

Mon/Thur: Speed
    Tue: Rower/abs
    Fri: Tempo (track) No more then 1250m

I hate the bike - it tears my quads up no matter how fast/slow I go.

Re: 1x20

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    What do you mean?
    You should start a journal so we can follow your training.