Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Coach Charlie Francis Oly / What do you think?

Re: Master Coach Charlie Francis Oly / What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I can't speak for Stu, but this comment brought to mind an experience I had dealing with Altis a couple years back. I applied for that completely volunteer internship (which you have to pay for) with Charlie's influence spoken about in my cover letter. Long story short, I was interviewed by a doctor in their camp named Jas Randhawa. He seemed perturbed the entire time, and when I spoke of CF and how his books influenced me he was completely silent, then abruptly changed subject, lol. I didn't get that internship of course, and in hindsight I am thankful. I don't want to be around people who write others off based on what they think they know about them. It's really just a shame these people limit their knowledge based on a dogmatic witch-hunting bias of what they think they know about Charlie.
    I don't think that was the reason you didn't get the internship.... If I remember correctly Buddy Morris speaks highly of Charlie but seems to connect well with those altis coaches.

Stuís coaching has Ameer Webb going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Stu’s coaching has Ameer Webb going backwards.
    Yep, Ameer needs to leave

Fred Kerley just won the 400m at the USATF National Championships. Here is his training status as per wikipedia:

After Kerley turned professional in 2017 he joined club ALTIS in Phoenix, Arizona, and trained there under the guidance of Kevin Tyler for the 2018 season.[14] However, in 2019 he returned to Texas A&M to train under his former coach Alleyne Francique, stating to Track & Field News "I believe in him so much that I had to come back to train with him."

Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post
    Fred Kerley just won the 400m at the USATF National Championships. Here is his training status as per wikipedia:

After Kerley turned professional in 2017 he joined club ALTIS in Phoenix, Arizona, and trained there under the guidance of Kevin Tyler for the 2018 season.[14] However, in 2019 he returned to Texas A&M to train under his former coach Alleyne Francique, stating to Track & Field News "I believe in him so much that I had to come back to train with him."
    Stay with what works

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Good ole Stu. By screwing degrass up he made himself infamous.

http://www.hmmrmedia.com/2019/07/hmm...uart-mcmillan/
    SHUT UP STU.. The more he speaks, the dumber he sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post

I had no idea that Fred left Altis also.

Stu would do well to utilize Charlieís methods as his own program has athletes leaving like DeGrasse and Jobodwana and Webb dropping off. If any coachís reputation is far in excess of his actual results itís that guy.

Another ALTIS product:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0cP1leHuE0/

pauldedewo
    It’s been a rough past five months dealing with injuries and illnesses. The worst part was not being able to compete at #ToyotaUSATFOutdoors to make the #Doha2019 team, but leaning on the Lord, trusting my coach and program, and learning to roll with the highs and lows of being a professional athlete.

Check the "progressions" tab.

Curtis Mitchell Joined ALTIS in 2016:
    https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united...itchell-243044

Ameer Joined ALTIS heading into 2016. He had a great 2016 season (19.85!), and then got slower every year:
    https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united...er-webb-255052

There's a bunch of pseduo-intellectualism taking taking place down there. From Charlie's Key Concepts Elite:

It looks sexy to have "multiple energy system programming" or "Reactive power dynamics", but effective training is raw and intense.