Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Master Coach Charlie Francis Oly / What do you think?

Re: Master Coach Charlie Francis Oly / What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lr1400 View Post
    Most shit in life is best when done in simple, fundamental ways. From investing to sports to shooting guns to business. Humans love to complicate shit.
    Yes, when people are not getting the results they feel they should or just trying to attain some level of improvement they seem to feel the answer has to be contained within some type of innovation (which is often a good approach) or even re-inventing the wheel and they drift too far away from the fundamental principles. I think the solution is often just changing the relationship of some of the variables-exercises, volumes, intensities, altering the sequencing, etc.

I can think back to years ago when I removed certain parts of my training (as a coach) only to return to something, in retrospect, that I should never have left out. Of course the observation and perceived value of each component is strengthened when you have those moments than if one had never tried to experiment at all. SM should not have, IMO, strayed too far away from DP's basics.

Re: Master Coach Charlie Francis Oly / What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Yes, when people are not getting the results they feel they should or just trying to attain some level of improvement they seem to feel the answer has to be contained within some type of innovation (which is often a good approach) or even re-inventing the wheel and they drift too far away from the fundamental principles. I think the solution is often just changing the relationship of some of the variables-exercises, volumes, intensities, altering the sequencing, etc.

I can think back to years ago when I removed certain parts of my training (as a coach) only to return to something, in retrospect, that I should never have left out. Of course the observation and perceived value of each component is strengthened when you have those moments than if one had never tried to experiment at all. SM should not have, IMO, strayed too far away from DP's basics.
    At least one of his Sprinters was achieving PBs this past Indoor Season. Was it from the Training 90% or the Races themselves?
    If it was from the races as some may suggest...well then, who set those races up? Agent, athlete, Coach or a combo of all or two of them. If the Coach scheduled them, great. If not, well I don't know what to say.

Still haven't listed to the interview. I have more respect for my time then listening to anyone talk about their resume etc for 20 min. sometimes in a 60 min. interview. If I like what I heard from someone..I will google them quick to learn more about them.

PPL wait for winners all the time at the Finish line. Most don't care how you got there. Save the resume talk. Get to the good stuff.