Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 9.98

  1. #11
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,102

    Re: 9.98


  2. #12
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,102

    Re: 9.98



    BEAST!!! 44.74

  3. #13

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post


    BEAST!!! 44.74
    Yeah this guy is an awesome talent with potential to reach the top, however, that is what it is at the moment just potential. High school records are littered with athletes who have not converted there extraordinary high school performances to the pro ranks.
    I hope this kid makes it as he looks the goods.

  4. #14
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,102

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Yeah this guy is an awesome talent with potential to reach the top, however, that is what it is at the moment just potential. High school records are littered with athletes who have not converted there extraordinary high school performances to the pro ranks.
    I hope this kid makes it as he looks the goods.
    Gonna be curious how he adjust to the different college training. His college training should be much different then what he's doing at the high school level and how long will it take for him to be a believer in his college coaches.

  5. #15

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Gonna be curious how he adjust to the different college training. His college training should be much different then what he's doing at the high school level and how long will it take for him to be a believer in his college coaches.
    Yeah, I agree. His High school training appears to be very much long to short so he has exceptional natural speed. It will be interesting to see which college he goes to and how he performs on a well structured short to long program. One would think he would improve, although , do you not fix what aint broke.... and keep the status quo.

  6. #16
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,102

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Yeah, I agree. His High school training appears to be very much long to short so he has exceptional natural speed. It will be interesting to see which college he goes to and how he performs on a well structured short to long program. One would think he would improve, although , do you not fix what aint broke.... and keep the status quo.
    He's going to Ga, their program is more s2l. Sprint coach competed at lsu and their training looks very similar to lsu training programs.

    https://georgiadogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2522&path=track

  7. #17

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    He's going to Ga, their program is more s2l. Sprint coach competed at lsu and their training looks very similar to lsu training programs.

    https://georgiadogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2522&path=track
    Thanks for the link...it looks like he's going to a good program...I suppose it's a watch this space and see if he can develop into a consistent sub 10 or sub 44 guy.
    At any rate, he's an exceptional High School talent.

  8. #18

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Man, that is an old school workout. They are calling a 52 400m for a 44.7 kid "quality."

  9. #19
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,102

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post
    Man, that is an old school workout. They are calling a 52 400m for a 44.7 kid "quality."
    Sad thing is - he may go to college and run much slower with better training (s2l etc).

  10. #20

    Re: 9.98

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Sad thing is - he may go to college and run much slower with better training (s2l etc).
    I fully believe in the CF approach, but it is interesting to see how some people respond well to training on the other end of the spectrum. This is my first year not coaching in 10 years at the small college where I coached sprints. The new coaching staff is all about volume. Some of the athletes set PBs this year whereas other never matched last year's marks.

    The kid I was proudest of last year went from 24.19/55.55 to 23.42/52.29 under me in a year. I was a little concerned at the beginning of this season as he wasn't running well under the new program. But he ended the season with marks of 22.99/51.09. The only true comparison would be to what I could have brought him down to with one more year of training, but I'd say he definitely had success under this more "old school" approach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •