Thread: Charlie Francis's library ?

Charlie Francis's library ?

Hi folks long time no see Hi Angela !

The more I progress through my career and studies/writings the more I find myself reminiscing the late Mr. Francis. What first started as a love for his professionalism in the field is now much more, for the only reason he could write certain things the way he did in his materials, must be rooted way beyond fitness, or at least in a different style to what we see in 2019.

I was wondering what Charlie's library looked like, what did he like to do or read when he wasn't producing olympians ? I always thought that he was the most interesting coach, not just the best coach, and I am sure many others will agree, especially the older guys here who can recognize it.

Obviously, experience and drive like charlie's ... That builds a man up. So I only ask what I can get answers to

I loved Speed Trap in that manner... and I wish Charlie the Human (biography?) will be written someday...

Silencer

Re: Charlie Francis's library ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Hi folks long time no see Hi Angela !

The more I progress through my career and studies/writings the more I find myself reminiscing the late Mr. Francis. What first started as a love for his professionalism in the field is now much more, for the only reason he could write certain things the way he did in his materials, must be rooted way beyond fitness, or at least in a different style to what we see in 2019.

I was wondering what Charlie's library looked like, what did he like to do or read when he wasn't producing olympians ? I always thought that he was the most interesting coach, not just the best coach, and I am sure many others will agree, especially the older guys here who can recognize it.

Obviously, experience and drive like charlie's ... That builds a man up. So I only ask what I can get answers to

I loved Speed Trap in that manner... and I wish Charlie the Human (biography?) will be written someday...

Silencer
    From memory and what was posted on here, Charlie had an interest in history. It appeared that much of his posts were made with historian perspective. He approached coaching from a holistic point of view.

I think your question might bring up some emotional memories.

Re: Charlie Francis's library ?

Thanks Sharmer ! I remember your posts as well