Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: materials needed to create training program

Re: materials needed to create training program

yeah I've been lucky with that, I kept all my downloads still on the original laptop which itself I haven't updated lol I have a lot of videos and papers on that thing. Good Job I work in IS and know what Im doing.... Ish

SO I haven't had much degregation.. But yeah truth is data degrades, each time you save or move a digital item it will have some "dithering" which effectively adds noise but allows the file to be smaller (its how MP3 is created)

Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post
    I would also like to say that Charlie's materials are unmatched. I've bought most of the videos and reading materials and searched this site a ton since joining (10 years now?!). What did Charlie's program do for me?

When I graduated HS, I was a a 22.65 (FAT) and 50.6 (hand-timed) guy.

I came back to track at 25 and trained with a club that did the old school stuff. After those two years, my PRs were 7.28 / 22.99 / 51.58 indoors and 11.39 /22.47 / 50.22 outdoors.

At age 27, I began training myself in accordance with Charlie's guiding principles. By 30 years old, my PRs were 7.06 / 22.42 / 50.15 indoors and 10.81 / 21.69 / 49.79 outdoors.

Those times are far from spectacular compared to some of the folks on this board, but I truly believe that fully committing to Charlie's approach allowed me to realize my individual potential.
    That's cool Actuary400m.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Thanks Ange! I actually even go back to the original version of the site which I think started in 2001? While all of us have probably have numerous resources we have relied upon Charlie's philosphies regarding sprint training, recovery/restoration, weighing risks vs. rewards and basically consideration of so many factors in performance that I never realized needed consideration have had the major influence on me. I end up mentioning CF almost every day to another coach or athlete.
    Well, the word of mouth advertising is unmatched in a world where constant "sharing" can work against our enjoying of content.

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    Agree with Pioneer and Ange, get all the stuff you can afford from Charlie's stuff and then spend as much as time as you can going through previous conversations on this site. there are some truly amazing archived chats that even to this day I go back to and read in full (lactate threshold training!!!!! how many pages of discussion and not one wasted)

I too was a member of the original forum before the switch and have the 2202 forum review printed on my desk at home along with the CFTS and of course many other books and papers.

This forum I hope never closes!!!

Thanks AJ.

Charlie never expected me to continue with the site. He forgot that I was who pushed him to do it in the first place.

We can all be grateful that the content here has been a result of a great deal of push and perseverance and time and energy from both Charlie and I and all of you here on the site. Thank you.