Thread: Core Training

Core Training

Hey all,

I know Charlie mentioned doing as high as something along the lines of 500 reps on High days and 1,000 reps on low days. What are some of the exercises or circuits used for the core? Does anyone have some good ones?

Re: Core Training

Quote Originally Posted by sub-10 View Post
    Hey all,

I know Charlie mentioned doing as high as something along the lines of 500 reps on High days and 1,000 reps on low days. What are some of the exercises or circuits used for the core? Does anyone have some good ones?
    Many of them are on the gpp dvd. I wouldn't use that many for non elite athletes.

I did all of those exercises for the kids I have been coaching at school High school level. Not the same volumes for practice but some of the guys that can't stop moving and want more training I tell them to try the 500 to 1000 sit up routine.

Progression of training is real and any person is only able to dip into their personal bucket of energy and or cNS energy and to get a result you must recover from the work in a reasonable time before adding more work.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Many of them are on the gpp dvd. I wouldn't use that many for non elite athletes.

Everything in the GPP video shown is excellent to use to any age depending on what the athlete or masters or youth has been doing for sport and or what their training back ground might be.

If you are working with a former gymnast who has now turned track person at 30 0r 40 years old, you never lose that muscle memory. Sure, maybe you don't get someone to do all the exercises from General Prep Phase for all sports in one session or one season or one year even.... but there is nothing hard or complicated in GPP. It's normal and easy and repeatable and if you learn from the masters you will create your own progressions and find your way as a coach or athlete. It's ideal to have someone watching you and if that is not possible maybe you are able to do video and find the right person to share that video with.

There is so much talent walking around and so many capable people who want to train hard or compete at the masters level. Don't be scared, educate yourself, take your time and learn as much as you are able from the best and take notes and keep learning.