Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 races

Re: 2018 races

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    That's what I asked - which parts look similar. One of those slides I see 4 speed days - Charlie never done this.
    http://www.ustfccca.org/assets/sympo...lbert-2014.pdf

THis one

That's what I asked - which parts look similar. One of those slides I see 4 speed days - Charlie never done this.
    She has listed for Speed and Speed and Power as follows

Monday load 80 to 90%
    Wed load 90 to 100%
    FRi power speed development but does not list %
    Saturday 80 to 90%

If you follow Charlie's Running Velocity Chart she is using medium days in her schedule.
    https://www.facebook.com/charliefran...type=3&theater

I just reposted the chart on Facebook. It's a great guide.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 05-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGuNM8Gcodo
    Gat looks a bit heavier this year, a better run than last week though.

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGuNM8Gcodo
    Gat looks a bit heavier this year, a better run than last week though.

whats goin on with the gat lead off?

Enough talking about the professionals and their races, I wanna hear from all the forum members on their races or athletes races. Any big Pr's??

Enough talking about the professionals and their races, I wanna hear from all the forum members on their races or athletes races. Any big Pr's??
    Well don't read it then. Some of us maybe interested in what and how the professionals are doing.

I am coaching the same school again this year and what amazes me is how much untapped talent there is at the high school level.

One of the thing I find happening however is the kids love the team sports over individual sports. I asked a friend of mine about this who I ran track with who also did many team sports. His comment was many kids would rather play rugby or basketball than track because they either don't like to lose or they prefer having their friends around?

The other thing I've noticed is it's pretty easy to the kids to participate at the meets but getting them to routinely practice is a bit tougher.

I don't think it's easy to properly develop kids without a fair bit of knowledge, experience and understanding on how to put all aspects together.

What continually amazes me is how fast many kids are. And the question I guess what exactly is happening once these kids run fast?
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 05-22-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    I am coaching the same school again this year and what amazes me is how much untapped talent there is at the high school level.

One of the thing I find happening however is the kids love the team sports over individual sports. I asked a friend of mine about this who I ran track with who also did many team sports. His comment was many kids would rather play rugby or basketball than track because they either don't like to lose or they prefer having their friends around?

The other thing I've noticed is it's pretty easy to the kids to participate at the meets but getting them to routinely practice is a bit tougher.

I don't think it's easy to properly develop kids without a fair bit of knowledge, experience and understanding on how to put all aspects together.

What continually amazes me is how fast many kids are. And the question I guess what exactly is happening once these kids run fast?
    Same thing in the US. Except its mostly football. The girls for the most part will run. I think many kids dont have the heart to run track. THey fear getting exposed at a meet. Your the fast kid on the field and step on the track and get blown out.

They dont think, im gonna get faster either way. Plus the team aspect also, they can hide any weakness with a group around them. Cant hide it on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Well don't read it then. Some of us maybe interested in what and how the professionals are doing.
    lolllllllllllll

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Same thing in the US. Except its mostly football. The girls for the most part will run. I think many kids dont have the heart to run track. THey fear getting exposed at a meet. Your the fast kid on the field and step on the track and get blown out.

They dont think, im gonna get faster either way. Plus the team aspect also, they can hide any weakness with a group around them. Cant hide it on the track.
    That is exactly it.