Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: My Masters Training

Re: My Masters Training

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    Finally had my 1st 400m of the year at the British Masters Champs! I won not fast but I will take it.

50.93 with a terrible wind down the back straight which was sheltered by the stadium in the home straight the guys behind me all ran about a second slower then they have been.

I need to run sub 50 to make it competitive for the European Masters Champs in exactly 5 weeks.

I do feel as though the speed is coming on though, last Thursday did 2-150m 10min rec in 16.7 / 16.5 these of course timed by my regular time keeper who is an official timekeeper
    Great job!!!

Thanks RB

Unfortunately only 2 more 400m, one this weekend at the inter-area match, and then a second two weeks later where I will also do a 200m

In affect giving me 2 - 2 week blocks after this weeks race.

I've watched the video back and I get to 300 in circa 36.2 ish, which just makes that last 100 very slow lol and painful. I know ive missed a fair amount of the hard work being injured but Id hope I could hold that pace. Hopefully it will come.

Ill likely use the weekends in-between races to simulate (split 400s) to help bring on some strength, that's my thoughts anyway :/

Raced this weekend 50.1

Again this was a lead from the front, had passed everyone by the 200 with second and third place running inside me. 51.0 51.5, could here them though around 300 which helped.

The weeks training
    Raced last sat
    Sun - 3mile run in the park, nice and easy 20 min
    Monday - weights (heavy box squats as main lift)
    Tue - 300-200-150 10min rec 36.3 24.8 18.4
    Wed - off
    Thur - 4-120 10 min rec / 13.7 13.5 13.6 13.8

Fri and sat off.

Fairly average week so far.

I nice shake down jog sunday evening and felt good no issues.
    Small weights session on Monday just opening up the rom under pressure.

Tue - Session only 90% split 300 (150/150) 150 - 250
    17.9 18.8 / 17.7 / 31.1

Thur 4-36m 60-80-120-150 10min rec
    7.2 9.3 13.7 17.2

I defo have a speed endurance issue, will try hit this over the next 3 weeks before champs, its just hard fitting everything in and recovering!!

4th in the European Masters Champs with 49.72

Actually really happy with this result as as always and a few issues leading into this. A few weeks ago in the gym I damaged my shoulder (rotator cuff) doing bench press so I have had to adjust my speed work and also I had to do a standing start lol

I have the 200 heats today so lets see how that goes

Well done A-J, great result and time. How much impact do you think the early season hamstring issue had overall on your prep

22.66 in the semi, final this eying of the 200m

a great deal tbh, my trajectory was very looking very good, but then thats life of being older and having to wok on other elements I probably wouldn't normally have done.

I am definitely not as fit as I would have liked to be or done as much speed work but, that being said, I have just ran faster int he events for the last 4 years

Well I have ended my season - 22.66 and 49.72

Happy with the times and direction. My adductor flared back up right at the end of the 4-400m relay (leg split of 49.0), won gold in both relays.

This is now my 3rd week off since coming back form Aarhus so now its time to focus on purely rehabbing this leg so that I can have a good winter, I intend to contest the European Indoors in March. So my training plan skeleton is being formulated with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    Well I have ended my season - 22.66 and 49.72

Happy with the times and direction. My adductor flared back up right at the end of the 4-400m relay (leg split of 49.0), won gold in both relays.

This is now my 3rd week off since coming back form Aarhus so now its time to focus on purely rehabbing this leg so that I can have a good winter, I intend to contest the European Indoors in March. So my training plan skeleton is being formulated with that in mind.
    Where is your adductor pain? Can you feel it while squatting?

appears to be around the muscle tendon junction, strange has no 'feelable' adhesion

ATG yes, currently sat here ultrasound as a type