Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: My Masters Training

Re: My Masters Training

short block at the moment, had a 4 week block over Christmas of accel and top end development.

Though I start every track session with some plyos and short accelerations .

This block takes me over the race this weekend and next (using the races as a speed session)

And then flips back a little in the build-up to the rest of indoor season. for me ends mid march (still undecided about Daegu)(decision to be made after this weekend)

Thursday is 3-150 8 min rec

I raced on Saturday :/

Thursday, I did the 1st and 3rd 150, both 16.8

I did the 60 and 200 on sat, was kept waiting around an hour after warming up for what appeared to be no bloody reason! 7.37 and 23.24 lane 2
    I have a best indoor of 22.19 from 6 years ago, haven't raced indoor for 3 years so was nice to be back inside, incidentally that time is equal to my outdoor last year!!

Monday evening I did 5-20m down hill sprints on grass

Last night was 350-44.2 and then 3-80m flat out.

I have entered Daegu - World Indoor Masters

Which event(s)? Your recent 200 is quite good. Should be worth a mid-22 outdoors.

Yeah, id like to go sub 23 indoor before Daegu. (I have struggled with speed since my tendon avulsion lol)

I have only entered the 400 and relay, its going to be a short trip.

And I hate to be rude but I really hope they sort out all the stupid local entries, as appears they have an extra 30 athletes entered with no times, and if they are just to make the numbers up that will annoy me a little.

well competed this weekend
    23.18 and then 23.02 on Saturday
    50.53 on Sunday I pulled out of the final to save myself a little as the goal is obviously Daegu and that time is actually fairly good indoor in my age group

Solid times.. How old are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    Yeah, id like to go sub 23 indoor before Daegu. (I have struggled with speed since my tendon avulsion lol)

I have only entered the 400 and relay, its going to be a short trip.

And I hate to be rude but I really hope they sort out all the stupid local entries, as appears they have an extra 30 athletes entered with no times, and if they are just to make the numbers up that will annoy me a little.

Don't let your annoyance interfere with what you want to do. It's difficult to control the outside admin so unless you have someone advocating on your behalf likely the staff dealing with this sort of thing is all based on volunteers. Poorly run meets are pretty common at many levels. Looks like it's going well so far. What is your 100 time?

Im 36 now, Im happy with the times, more so the 400 as in theory its puts me in a great position for Daegu. and was my first one of the year

I struggle with my short speed, best of 10.8 but I had a bicep femoris tendon avulsion back in 2011 which affected me fro a while whilst re-training the hamstring and tendons
    These days I have struggled getting anywhere around 11.4/5 but do feel that has improved with this winters training.

Its fair to say being a Master has given me the competitive drive I had back when I was 21

That's exciting you feel this way.

My experience with Masters athletes has been very good. Hard working, driving and focused.