Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Week 3:
    Sunday:
    Warmup S (cooler weather - right lower hamstring tendon still tight)
    3x30m; 3x50m timed
    Jumps for distance 4x5
    Bench press 5x4
    Back squat 5x1
    Rdl 3x8
    Db support row 3x8

Tuesday: (grass)
    Warmup Jr
    Sled: 3x60 330/6
    Skip/Bound circuit 2x5
    Sled: 3x60 330
    MB: x3 (hop ohb, ohb, hop blf, blf)

This week I am doing 740m of sprint work, 136 jumps, and 22 throws. Sunday wasn't a good day on the track (slow mo) but I did hit my heaviest squat of prep. Hopefully, I can get this session in today because the weather is nasty. This was my last sled session - hopefully the recovery can begin with the tightness in my lower tendon. Those sled pulls seem to upset my lower hamstring tendons. I will be wrapping up 8 weeks of strength training soon and slowly starting to see improvements in my posterior chain strength and power along with increased glute hypertrophy. All about trying to become a posterior chain dominant sprinter.

Wash out - no training today.

3 different setups to finish the week

A:
    Fri speed
    Sat rest
    Sun deload/testing

B:
    Sat speed
    Sun rest
    Mon deload/testing
    Tue tempo
    Thur speed
    Sun spp 2

C:
    Fri speed
    Mon deload/testing
    Tue tempo
    Thur speed
    Sun spp 2

Friday:
    Warmup S
    2(50; 3dist skips; 3bounds; 3str leg bound; 50) timed
    MB: x5 (ohb, blf)
    Snatch deadlifts 5x1 easy 405
    Db rev lunge 2x5 70
    Weighted neutral grip pullups 5x4
    Db bench press 3x5
    Nautilus glute drive 2x10 405 (did 2 sets instead of 3 since I went heavier - better glute pump with the heavier weight)

Deload/Test week coming up - don't see myself going much faster this block. I need a deload week and after that I should be good for a nice drop in time.

Upcoming block:

Sunday: Timed runs 55-60m, Single leg bounds, Tb wts (sq/bp/row/rdl)

Tuesday: Timed speed complex 40m, skips/bounds, and throws

Thursday: Short flies (15m accel zone), depth jumps (12-24in box), Tb wts (snatch dl, db rev lunges, db bp, pullups)

Not many changes on Sunday and Tuesday. Thursday will move to short flies with the focus on high end acceleration/transition to top speed development - short accel zone of 15m with a 30-40 run. No changes with the weights - they went well this block and did not negatively impact the track work. I do well with intensity - it is the volume that makes me feel sluggish. Still have a ton of work to do if I want to run fast for my age.

I may be dead wrong but my numbers tell me the dog win su.

Washington Nationals* +111 vs Miami Marlins
    Fixed Price
    Risk $5000.00 To Win $5550.00

I’ve got a sports betting question for you guys.
    I’m in a pick’em league this year instead of fantasy. Each week we pick the winners of every NFL game. Not the spread or confidence, just straight up winner. Person with the most correct picks wins the pot for that week. If there is a tie for most correct picks, the pot is split evenly.

Is the best strategy to pick the favourite in every game? That’s what I would suspect, although you’re less likely to split the pot if you win on upsets.

EDIT:
    Did a little bit of research, seems like a good strategy is comparing the odds or spread to the pick %. Assuming your league matches nation averages.

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    I’ve got a sports betting question for you guys.
    I’m in a pick’em league this year instead of fantasy. Each week we pick the winners of every NFL game. Not the spread or confidence, just straight up winner. Person with the most correct picks wins the pot for that week. If there is a tie for most correct picks, the pot is split evenly.

Is the best strategy to pick the favourite in every game? That’s what I would suspect, although you’re less likely to split the pot if you win on upsets.

EDIT:
    Did a little bit of research, seems like a good strategy is comparing the odds or spread to the pick %. Assuming your league matches nation averages.
    In your case - no spreads etc no clear edge in taking all dogs etc. You could use gambling sites to help guide your process in picking the winners.

Week 5:
    Sunday:
    Warmup (Tony holler warmup)
    3x55 r7-8m Timed (30)
    Back squat 3x3
    Rdl 3x12 185
    Bench press 4x5 (shitty)
    Db chest support row 3x12

This week I am doing 595m of sprint work, 72 jumps, and 10 throws. After taking a week off doing nothing I was a little rusty today but overall a solid training session. I had one training session last week and I tried Tony Holler warmup and it went well. I decided to switch over to his warmup for this block because it seems to prepare my old body for the sprinting and give me another opportunity to work on power development.

Speed-Power Drills:
    A March x30
    A skips x30
    A run x30
    Butt kick x30
    Lunges x30
    Butt kick reach 2x30
    Box jumps both/rt/lt x5
    Str leg bound 2x30
    Bounds 2x30
    Starts: 1x20 face down; 1x30 face down; 1x30 3pt
    Workout!!!!

Monday:
    Mobility A/C x10
    Prone hip ext 2x25
    Russian lean 2x3
    Stand hip flex 2x10/hold for 3sec at top
    Ab bridge 2x30s
    Side bridge 2x30s
    Ab wheel 2x5
    Stretch

Recovery day. Static and dynamic mobility work. Add in a touch of glute activation, prehab/rehab work on the hamstrings, hip flexor strength/hypertrophy, and midsection work.

How have you been doing sleep wise these days?

Years and years ago (2013?) my dishwasher stopped working well. I started to wash them every night instead while listening to some Sade. Noticed a slight bump in sleep quality over time with that one change alone. Lots of good info/research out there to explain why.
    In 2019 til April of this year, I would sleep an extra 90 min. Cycle on Sat, Sun. And Monday. Started the week good to go.
    I’ve been good with sleep since CF would always mention it here. Jimson of SpeedEndurance who lived nearby in the early 2000s helped me dial it in. He knew a ton about sleep cycles, etc.