Page 87 of 103 FirstFirst ... 37 77 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 97 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Do you find your 30m time usually increases after a block of only hill sprints?
    Shall see, haven't really done hills since 2007ish.

Friday:
    Warmup S
    Hills: 3x5x30m 2/4:30
    Jumps uphill 4x3
    MB: x6 (height, ohb, blf)
    Russ lean 4x5
    Pushups 7x25
    Abs 5x5

Nice easy session this morning, let us recover this weekend and get ready for Monday night. Depending how testing goes will be the deciding factor if I add weights back into the program. If I add weights back into the program, I will be putting a big focus on post chain strength/power and adding a little hypertrophy to my glutes. All about trying to become a posterior chain dominant sprinter. #posteriorchaindominantsprintcycle

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Shall see, haven't really done hills since 2007ish.
    How'd it go?

How'd it go?
    0.03 improvement in the 30, and 1ft bump in the 3 fold jump. Overall happy with how things are going!!!

Week 4: Deload/Test
    Monday:
    Warmup S
    Test 30's; SLJ; 3SLJ

Tuesday:
    Warmup Jr
    Pullups 6x5
    Pushups/Abs 4x25

Depending how the weather pans out I may wrap up block 1 today or stay on track and rest today and finish up on Thursday.

Block 2: Everything still on grass in football cleats.

Sun: Contrast sled sprints (20-30m), jumps, throws, TB wts

Tue: skips/bounds, throws, bw movements

Thur: Longer sled pulls (40-50m), jumps, throws, TB wts

Nice job. I assume compared to your previous tests and not PRs?
    Is three-fold broad jump done in a bounding fashion or just the combined length of 3 max broad jumps?

Week 4: Deload/Test
    Monday:
    Warmup S
    Test 30's; SLJ; 3SLJ

Tuesday:
    Warmup Jr
    Pullups 6x5
    Pushups/Abs 4x25

Depending how the weather pans out I may wrap up block 1 today or stay on track and rest today and finish up on Thursday.

Block 2: Everything still on grass in football cleats.

Sun: Contrast sled sprints (20-30m), jumps, throws, TB wts

Tue: skips/bounds, throws, bw movements

Thur: Longer sled pulls (40-50m), jumps, throws, TB wts
    Are you only training three days a week?

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Are you only training three days a week?
    Yes, after experimenting with many different templates since returning to the sport I have gotten my best results when eliminating a lot of the fat and staying with the heavy hitters. Covid19 is also playing a role with my training frequency. This block should be interesting - curious how much extra fatigue the weights will bring.

There has only been a short 4-week block where I have truly gotten better the rest of the blocks were spent training hard without much to show since returning in 2018. The summer of 2018 I eliminated all the fat. Mon/thur: speed – jumps – throws – lb wts, Tue/Fri: Warmup – Ub wts. Speed volume was moderate, avg about 40 jumps per session, 10 throws per session, and kept the lower body weights in the 50-80% range.

FYI - 4 weeks in and my general fitness levels still feel strong from all the tempo work from March-June.

Nice job. I assume compared to your previous tests and not PRs?
    Is three-fold broad jump done in a bounding fashion or just the combined length of 3 max broad jumps?
    From previous test. If I could reach Pr's in anything at my age I would be happy.

Yes, after experimenting with many different templates since returning to the sport I have gotten my best results when eliminating a lot of the fat and staying with the heavy hitters. Covid19 is also playing a role with my training frequency. This block should be interesting - curious how much extra fatigue the weights will bring.

There has only been a short 4-week block where I have truly gotten better the rest of the blocks were spent training hard without much to show since returning in 2018. The summer of 2018 I eliminated all the fat. Mon/thur: speed – jumps – throws – lb wts, Tue/Fri: Warmup – Ub wts. Speed volume was moderate, avg about 40 jumps per session, 10 throws per session, and kept the lower body weights in the 50-80% range.

FYI - 4 weeks in and my general fitness levels still feel strong from all the tempo work from March-June.
    Thanks man, will be interesting to watch your progress.
    Keep it up.