Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 96 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Do you post your videos?
    No. Have you broke out the Jawku?

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    No. Have you broke out the Jawku?
    Learned a lesson today.
    It was raining on and off all day and forecast had thunderstorms in the evening. It seemed like I'd have an hour of sun so I made the mistake of speeding through my warmup so I'd have time for med ball throws after sprints. My warmup felt decent but looking back, the three movements I dropped were static groin stretching, hurdle steps, and lateral lunge walks (don't know the proper name, kind of like a lateral squat where you pull yourself forward with your adductors) ... ended up pulling my groin (right adductor) on the 4th sprint of the day. First time it's ever happened to me.

Anyways, these were my numbers for the day:
    20m: 3.25, 3.26, 3.26
    30m: 4.48 but hobbled to the finish line

Not as fast as I'd hoped but I guess that means more room for improvement. Did some feet-up benching after but basically called it a day. Hopefully I can rehab and be back to sprinting when my spikes arrive in 2 weeks. Doesn't feel too bad right now, I'll have a better idea of the severity in the morning.

Learned a lesson today.
    It was raining on and off all day and forecast had thunderstorms in the evening. It seemed like I'd have an hour of sun so I made the mistake of speeding through my warmup so I'd have time for med ball throws after sprints. My warmup felt decent but looking back, the three movements I dropped were static groin stretching, hurdle steps, and lateral lunge walks (don't know the proper name, kind of like a lateral squat where you pull yourself forward with your adductors) ... ended up pulling my groin (right adductor) on the 4th sprint of the day. First time it's ever happened to me.

Anyways, these were my numbers for the day:
    20m: 3.25, 3.26, 3.26
    30m: 4.48 but hobbled to the finish line

Not as fast as I'd hoped but I guess that means more room for improvement. Did some feet-up benching after but basically called it a day. Hopefully I can rehab and be back to sprinting when my spikes arrive in 2 weeks. Doesn't feel too bad right now, I'll have a better idea of the severity in the morning.
    I tweaked my groin in pre-gpp running hills. Ice-naproxen-easy ems I was good in 3-4 days. Which stance did you use on your 30m?

Starting stance? They were all 3 point starts, like how Defranco shows on youtube. I've never been formally taught.
    Not sure when exactly the groin thing happened, maybe 20-25m in.

Friday:
    Warmup S
    Hills: 3x5x25 90/4 (leg hammy ten)
    Jumps uphill 6x3
    MB: x8 (height, ohb, blf)
    Russ lean 3x5
    Pushups 6x25
    Abs 4x5

Legs are trashed!!!! Gonna be interesting to see how my body recovers over the weekend... Decreasing jumps and throws weekly seems like a smart decision at this point.

Week 3:
    Monday:
    Warmup S
    Hills: 3x4x30m 2/4:30 (VIDEO)
    Jumps uphill 5x3 (VIDEO)
    MB: x6 (height, ohb, blf)
    Russ lean 4x5
    Pushups 7x25
    Abs 5x5

This week I am doing 810m of hill work, 75 jumps, and 54 throws. Legs felt like trashed last Friday. Tons of sleep over the weekend and my body bounced back strong, I knew today was going to be great because the warmup felt great. The hills and jumps felt strong. As usually I will come back after dinner and hit all the bodyweight movements. Side note - rolled my ankle/foot on my 2nd set/2nd rep stepped into a major pot hole..
    Went a little earlier because the heat index supposed to reach 110. Little planning and relaxing...

Wednesday:
    Warmup Jr
    Skip/Bound circuit 2x3 each leg
    MB: x6 (height, ohb, blf)
    Pullups 4x6
    Pushups/Abs 4x25

The foot/ankle handle this session well this morning. Overall I can't complain everything felt strong - nice easy session. Big session on Friday - deload/testing the following week.

What will you be testing?

What will you be testing?
    Same as always. 3pt 30m (touchpad), Slj,3-Fold Broad Jumps

Do you find your 30m time usually increases after a block of only hill sprints?