Friday:
    Cardio choice 10m+Dym E
    Squat 8x225 6x245 4x295 8x235 6x255 4x315
    Rev lunge 3x8
    Rdl 3x10
    1a: Hip thrust 3x10
    1b: Pull thru 3x10
    Cardiac output 30m

Pb: Barbell squat 550x1 and Bench press 365x1... Long road to go, that's what a 3yr layoff do to you...

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Early morning session - endless 60's and upper body... Looking fairly lean this morning....

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Early morning session - endless 60's and upper body... Looking fairly lean this morning....
    nothing like the early morning leaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    nothing like the early morning leaness.
    Now my calf is fucked up.... My body do not like creatine at all....

Damn, what happened? I only take creatine on hard days. If i take creatin everyday my muscles go haywire also

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Damn, what happened? I only take creatine on hard days. If i take creatin everyday my muscles go haywire also
    You remember when creatine first came out they recommended to do a loading phase? I use to do this back in my early years of college and every time I would pull muscles... Later researched showed and Charlie recommended me to drop the loading phase and take 2-5grms on hard days. I wanted to push these final 8 weeks, i started a 3 day loading phase follow by 5grms on training days. I wish i was doing my HRV because this injury probably could have been avoided.... Not 100% sure if it was the creatine or the higher running volume, various running surfaces etc. Never had any calf injuries, im hoping i can resume lifting on monday and keep my cardiac days the same and move my 2 tempo sessions to the bike while adding in med ball work over these final 4 weeks before moving to strength template.

Already done some easy stim, icing, advil.

Which area of your calf did you blow?

Last year I blew outside of my right calf, this year it was the inside of my left calf. Back when I did that creatin loading i would pull a groin or ham. Never failed. Now its only hard days. Back when loading, I'd get strong as shit and my muscle would be rock solid. Good for girls feel on, bad for running.
    How bad was the injury. Each time I felt a pop in my calf, I thought I had got hit with a rock.
    Ice first 48. Also do stem and ultrasound. After 48 of icing go as much as possible with the stem and ultrasound.
    In 3 days if you know a good soft tissue therapist go see them. Let them put you through that pain to get the inflammation out. I saw my therapist twice about 48 hours apart. The first session hurt like a bitch, then the next was much better. In between that I was doing ems and ultrasound on my own. Get a calf compression sleeve and wear it all the time.
    I was able to jog today, and I'm able to do all my lifts.
    You can do all your lifts now as long as it doesn't require calf use.

Oh and you can do the bike and pool work

After icing, stim, and advil all day saturday i feel much better this morning (was able to grocery shop etc). Gonna treat all day today and my wife just massaged some heating cream and wrapped with a plastic bag.... If all go well i will treat on monday and do upper body with cardiac work on tue and resume lower body and bike tempo on wednesday. I'll rest on thursday and start my unloading week on friday. The rest of this block 3-4 weeks all the lifting will remain the same but all running will be indoors on bike etc... No biggie its all basic aerobic work.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Week 3:
    Friday:
    Cardio choice 10m+Dym E
    Squat 8x225 6x245 4x295 8x235 6x255 4x315
    Rev lunge 3x8
    Rdl 3x10
    1a: Hip thrust 3x10
    1b: Pull thru 3x10
    Cardiac output 30m

Pb: Barbell squat 550x1 and Bench press 365x1... Long road to go, that's what a 3yr layoff do to you...
    3 years from not lifting weights at all?