Page 148 of 161 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1603

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Why/how did you add sled work back in your training if it was the cause of hamstring injuries in the past?
    I was also wondering the thought behind bare foot running cool downs? Are you doing it similar to tempo speeds?

Just catching up in your log ... not sure where that argument came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Keep On!!

and thanks for sharing, ppl.

The Americans are looking Great for the 100. I don't see anyone closing on Bromell if he gets out.
    Su under R Huntington looks like a threat for the Bronze.

Let the Games Begin.

A family member shared a site he has been using for years for Sports. I will confirm if the Track and Field events will be covered on there live and share it. Dirt cheap cost.
    I sent the link to your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Why/how did you add sled work back in your training if it was the cause of hamstring injuries in the past?
    I was also wondering the thought behind bare foot running cool downs? Are you doing it similar to tempo speeds?

Just catching up in your log ... not sure where that argument came from.
    Well, when the issue first popped up in 2018 I thought it was an injury. After talking to other athletes and coaches it's more tightness than an injury. Sleds tend to cause very tight lower hamstrings, especially if form isn’t great and weight isn’t perfectly chosen. This year I kept the weight at 10lbs. There tends to be a more jarring foot strike (and more likely to have some overstriding) when using sleds. Seems that knee flexors are more active when using sleds and it is related too to the resistance use and how smooth the resistance is. This year I have managed the issue (lighter weight, massages etc) a lot better and I'm in a better place regarding the lower hamstring tendon tightness etc. Those runs are nothing more than easy jogging etc. Doing a small amount of barefoot training can be helpful in becoming forefoot dominant.

I posted this in my journal on another site:

People asked why the barefoot work.

1: I did similar work several years ago when rehabbing from plantar fasciitis and it worked well.

2: The bigger reason is the 4 keys I think you need to work on to become a "forefoot" dominant athlete. 1: Barefoot training - running barefoot will force you to run on the forefoot. 2: Become glute dominant. Strong glutes inherently drive a more forefoot dominant posture 3: Strengthen the psoas in the end range. Everyone has heard coaches yell, "High knees, high knees!!". Some athletes can do this naturally others aren't helped by the cue. One key is being strong in 90 degrees plus of hip flexion. It ensures the muscles high on your hip are controlling your thigh bone. 4: Stretch the rectus femoris, quads, and psoas. Stretching the quads and rectus femoris turns off what are often tight and overactive muscles controlling the knee and that promotes better hip dominant movement. I hit most of these things on my recovery days..

Got it.
    Tnx

Well said, thanks.

I sent it to your inbox.

Wednesday: 360/84/10
    Warmup B
    Sled: 6x60 r4m (video)
    Bounce work: Texas x12 r30
    MT: 5xhophop blf; 5xhophop ohb
    Cooldown: 3x100 (barefoot)

Hardest sled session this year - very fitting since this will be the last one until winter sets in. Probably around November when the weather gets cold, I'll probably add sled pulls back in a couple times a month. I prefer to keep the jump circuits to one block after that I prefer moving on because I usually don't get much from that type of work from a speed/power standpoint. Depends how my body feels on Friday I'm leaning towards using a 30m intensity limit to keep from getting into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Ange you really don't know anything about me... You would know I am one of the few people left who still credit Charlie for everything I have learned about speed training. I had most of the products from the store before you sent me all the products, I believe in 2010 or 2011 through email. I have read all of them and often go back for reviews.

I totally disagree with this comment >>> It's very difficult to become your best sprinting self unless you perform proper speed training 3 times a week in some shape or form.
    I wonder how you will feel about this after getting a full year or two years under your belt.

Took me years after coming back to achieve 3 times a week-
    Mon Speed max out
    Tue tempo
    Wed sub max 95% target. weight lifting was a breeze after these days.
    Thur circuit/agility
    Fri sub max

Was faster at 50 than 48 bc of the time commitment and nothing else going on, but I was always close to fighting weight.
    Recovery was on point. Again, took the year off bc of the BS. Only worked referrals.

One of the things I did do that Ange will not likely agree with is downhill sprints.

Much like this- https://twitter.com/carlin_isles/sta...409320451?s=21

Up for reps, down for reps followed by flat sprints. This was not a last minute thing I did to play catch up either…did them from May to 2nd week of July 2020, where I maxed out. 14 days later. Boom! A new me emerged.
    Shut it down soon after…no meets to attend and it was redline and risky after that.

Never did sleds. Lucky to never have hamstring issues since my blow up at 19 after achieving two-three massive PBs in practice. Same day went from best day ever to worst day ever. Felt fantastic. Sure, I’ll do another…

The only time I have ever thought I may have had a low hammie issue is when I was practicing starts one day and the Family Dog made a loud choking sound exactly on my third step and I tightened up and felt it behind my knee.
    As a precaution, I did the 10 day hamstring recovery training deal that Mach/Charlie/Derek prescribed with their athletes.
    Went normal after that in between softball games.

And yes, I always lifted after all speed sessions except for when I was cooked. Often in June and July.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I wonder how you will feel about this after getting a full year or two years under your belt.

Mon Speed max out
    Tue tempo
    Thur circuit/agility
    Fri sub max

Was faster at 50 than 48 bc of the time commitment and nothing else going on, but I was always close to fighting weight.
    Recovery was on point. Again, took the year off bc of the BS. Only worked referrals.

One of the things I did do that Ange will not likely agree with is downhill sprints.

Much like this- https://twitter.com/carlin_isles/sta...409320451?s=21

Up for reps, down for reps followed by flat sprints. This was not a last minute thing I did to play catch up either…did them from May to 2nd week of July 2020, where I maxed out. 14 days later. Boom! A new me emerged.
    Shut it down soon after…no meets to attend and it was redline and risky after that.

Never did sleds. Lucky to never have hamstring issues since my blow up at 19 after achieving two-three massive PBs in practice. Same day went from best day ever to worst day ever. Felt fantastic. Sure, I’ll do another…

The only time I have ever thought I may have had a low hammie issue is when I was practicing starts one day and the Family Dog made a loud choking sound exactly on my third step and I tightened up and felt it behind my knee.
    As a precaution, I did the 10 day hamstring recovery training deal that Mach/Charlie/Derek prescribed with their athletes.
    Went normal after that in between softball games.

Mon Speed max out
    Tue tempo
    Thur circuit/agility
    Fri sub max

A little too much work for me. I try to model most of my training from Charlie, Boo, Dan, Curtis Taylor, Carol Gilbert, and Tony Wells. Those last 3 names really believe in cutting the fat. I wouldn't dare try to make my master sprinters 50+ do 3 speed sessions per week. Most really good master sprinters are lucky to get 2 high quality sessions. The above template has too much tendon loading.

Page 148 of 161 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 158 ... LastLast