Page 143 of 161 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1603

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

  1. #1421
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    509098509 Sat Jun 12 2021 14:00EST: Notre Dame @ Mississippi State, Match Winner: Mississippi State +109 $1000.00

    Oh boy!!!

  2. #1422
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Week 8: Deload
    Monday:
    Warmup Jr
    7x30 (3pt) Timed 4.14 (5th run was the fastest)
    MT: 2xohb, 2xblf
    Power clean 6x2x225
    Back squat 3x3x335
    Rdl 3x6 245
    Bench press 3x3x245
    Seated row 3x8

    I reduced the cleans by 2 sets today because I wasn't in the mood for 8 sets. Overall a very solid strength training session and the track work wasn't bad either esp. considering the fatigue levels. The goal coming into today's session was to equal what I did last month - my fastest time today was the exact same as last month and the avg was the same also. Since fatigue levels will be high from all the strength work it will be hard to display any major improvements in the speed until the weights back off a little. The goal is still 3.97-4.00 for the 3pt sprints. Time to rest over the next 5 days and get ready for what I will call a transition week before vacation.

    I'm calling the next block of training "SPP" but it's more along the lines of gpp.


    Day 1:
    Contrast sled runs 30-50m
    Throws
    Cooldown: barefoot runs
    Wts: Cleans, Squats, Rdl, Db bench, Row
    Cooldown: barefoot jump rope

    Day 2:
    Strength endurance work > sled pulls 50-60m
    Throws - hop series
    Cooldown: barefoot runs

    Day 3:
    Speed complex 30-50m
    Throws
    Cooldown: barefoot runs
    Wts: Cleans, Rev lunge, Bench, Lat pd, Glute drive
    Cooldown: barefoot jump rope

    “You can control two things: your work ethic and your attitude about anything.” – Ali Krieger

  3. #1423
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    As always all timed runs are done with a touchpad. Lots of data on these 30m runs.

  4. #1424

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    RB, do you mind giving me a hand with some programming? Could take this outside of your log if you prefer.
    I don't have the time to be doing track work and lifting in the same session this summer. I was thinking of setting up my training in 4 sessions: Track day, Upper lift + Conditioning/tempo, Lower Lift, Upper Lift + Conditioning/tempo. I could do two track days and two full body lifting days but I don't know if that would be as good from a recovery aspect. I can sometimes get 5 sessions in a week but would rather add the occasional low intensity workout vs continuously missing.
    Think my plan sounds alright?
    Track day will be sprints, jumps, and throws
    Power cleans, back squats, hamstring, and single leg work for the lower day
    Upper days I haven't figure out, likely bench rowing and accessory work but haven't decided how they'll differ from each other. Conditioning will often be on the rower but I'll mix it up and get outside sometimes.
    My current program ends next week. I'll get the Jawku out for the first time in two weeks from now. I'm interested to see my times after a full winter of mostly strength work.

  5. #1425
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    RB, do you mind giving me a hand with some programming? Could take this outside of your log if you prefer.
    I don't have the time to be doing track work and lifting in the same session this summer. I was thinking of setting up my training in 4 sessions: Track day, Upper lift + Conditioning/tempo, Lower Lift, Upper Lift + Conditioning/tempo. I could do two track days and two full body lifting days but I don't know if that would be as good from a recovery aspect. I can sometimes get 5 sessions in a week but would rather add the occasional low intensity workout vs continuously missing.
    Think my plan sounds alright?
    Track day will be sprints, jumps, and throws
    Power cleans, back squats, hamstring, and single leg work for the lower day
    Upper days I haven't figure out, likely bench rowing and accessory work but haven't decided how they'll differ from each other. Conditioning will often be on the rower but I'll mix it up and get outside sometimes.
    My current program ends next week. I'll get the Jawku out for the first time in two weeks from now. I'm interested to see my times after a full winter of mostly strength work.
    Your plan has one speed day?

    Day 1: Track
    Day 2: Ub+Condit
    Day 3: Lower
    Day 4: Condit

    I used the template below with success when I was working 12hr days.

    Mon/Thur: Speed
    Tue/Fri: Weights (cleans squat, bench, aux)
    Wed/Sat: Optional tempo

  6. #1426

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Your plan has one speed day?

    Day 1: Track
    Day 2: Ub+Condit
    Day 3: Lower
    Day 4: Condit

    I used the template below with success when I was working 12hr days.

    Mon/Thur: Speed
    Tue/Fri: Weights (cleans squat, bench, aux)
    Wed/Sat: Optional tempo
    That's what I was thinking (although I had Ub on day 4 as well).
    Do you think 1 speed day is inadequate for a non-track athlete? I could add jumps and/or very short sprints before my lower body day.

    Or I could do your other template shown which is what I was also suggesting. I'd have to play around with intensities on one of the lifting or speed days I think. I also don't like the idea of only lifting two days per week but I could try it out and see what happens.

  7. #1427
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    That's what I was thinking (although I had Ub on day 4 as well).
    Do you think 1 speed day is inadequate for a non-track athlete? I could add jumps and/or very short sprints before my lower body day.

    Or I could do your other template shown which is what I was also suggesting. I'd have to play around with intensities on one of the lifting or speed days I think. I also don't like the idea of only lifting two days per week but I could try it out and see what happens.
    If your goal is to get stronger but maintain speed - one speed day should work. If you are in a cold climate - I would always focus on speed in the summer and maintain speed while focusing on strength in the winter.

  8. #1428

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Ya that's true. I only get to use the track for a few months of the year so might as well get out there twice a week.
    I'll have to figure out a two day split for my lifting.

  9. #1429
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Ya that's true. I only get to use the track for a few months of the year so might as well get out there twice a week.
    I'll have to figure out a two day split for my lifting.
    I thought your goals last summer was speed and athleticism?

  10. #1430

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Athleticism is always the goal.
    But last year my girlfriend was living in Paris and I had all the time in the world to train ... now, not so much.

Page 143 of 161 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •