Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

If all goes well with the training, I should be opening up in November.

First 3 meets:
    Nov 17
    Dec 1
    Dec 8

Short break of about 4 weeks before starting back up in Jan. I'll have a couple meets where they will have 3 rounds for the 60m (pre semi finals).

Week 11:
    Monday: 320 Bodyweight 186lbs
    Warmup B
    2x(2x30sled, 2x50nosled) timed
    Jumps for distance 6x4
    MB: x5 Ohb, Blf
    Squats 3x4x75%
    Hypers 3x10 155

I ran almost a tenth faster then I did last Monday and I did it on the first timed sprint. I really like how things are going, I think we made the correct move by going down to 2 speed sessions, 4 training days, making tempo a training option, and timing the runs. Every speed session has improved and I feel ready to go. I kept the faith and I knew somewhere in this gpp block I would see a nice drop in my times. It's always good to see big improvements in your times because it validates everything we are doing. I'm also spending a ton of time on Sat/Sun 2-3x daily working on my quads/hip flexors with the foam roller and lacrosse ball.

Tuesday:
    Warmup G (15m elliptical)
    Bench 4x4x80%
    Rows/Lat pd 4x6
    1a: Cable lat raises 2x10
    1b: Pushdowns 2x20
    Core x200

Bench press felt strong. Had plans on doing rowing tempo but didn't even finish one set - don't like it at all for a tempo option.

I was RED yesterday and wasn't up for any training. I'm ready to go today and looking to finish the last loading week of gpp strong. Next week will be a deload/testing week with less focus on the testing since I been timing all my runs and the times have been good (feel comfortable with the times - no pressure to run any faster this block). Been playing around with different training templates for the indoor season - leaning towards training speed once a week and resting the other days.

Sat: 60/200 (PM lifting if the schedule is open)
    Sun-Mon: REST
    Tue: 4x30sled,1x60 95% 1x120-150 95%, jumps/throws/ total body weights
    Wed: Tempo and abs
    Thur-Fri: REST

Gonna do a training review of the 12 week gpp next week - things I would change etc. The first 8 weeks of spp gonna be huge!!!! Training is going great - if ain't broken then why change. I won't be making many changes at all.

Friday: 300 Bodyweight 188lbs
    Warmup S
    3(50, pskips d/h 2x8, 50)
    Squats 3x3x 75 85 93% (the plan was to do 75% but I felt strong today)
    Rdl 3x6 275
    Bench 4x3x80%
    Rows/Lat pd 4x6
    1a: Cable rear raises 2x10

Didn't have much today (not surprise after running fast on monday) - I kept the runs very easy with a 20m int limit. If I would have gone faster I probably would have blown up. I felt good on the squats, I worked up to an easy 93% - could have done it for at least 6reps. I haven't gone over 75% over the past 11 weeks and my squat strength is holding up strong. I changed my running shoes today and my feet feel alot better - I may be able to add some tempo runs in the next block. I have about 3 months of tough training before the cold weather sets in, I'm hoping I can continue to shave some time off my 30m time. I feel as the runs get longer I will continue to see improvement in my 30m times... Let's get to work!!!!!

I would like to add the tempo runs back to my program because it allows me to spend more time with my family. My son is able to come with me and he can run around the big field and there's also a playground for the kids. It's great being a dad - I came home today and my son was trying his best to stay up so I could read him a book before bed.

Sat-Mon: REST

Week 12: Deload/Test
    Tuesday:
    Warmup I
    Squats 2x3x65%
    Bench 3x3x70%
    Pull thru 3x10
    Rows/Lat pd 3x10
    Core x100 (60 weighted abs - 40 bw)

Wednesday:
    Warmup G

Thur: REST

Fri: Sprints/Jumps test

I wanted to test earlier this week but the weather didn't allow me. The plantar fasciitis in both of my feet gotten a little better this week.

12 week Review: Things I will do different next season.

I wouldn't make many changes to my high intensity days, many of the changes would be how I handle my low intensity days/progression.

Mesocycle 1:
    Blk 1:
    Mon: Squats 3 sets (sled on the track – less squats) – everything else keep. I prefer the sled work on the track because the quality is better and less chances of lower leg injuries.

Tue: 30 cardiac work elliptical instead of tempo – lots of abs/stretching – everything else keep

Wed: rest

Thur: same as mon

Fri: Same as tue

Not many changes on my high days - all low days would be low impact cardiac work on the elliptical for this first month.

Blk 2:
    Mon: Squats 3 sets – everything else keep

Tue: elliptical – everything else keep

Thur: same as mon

Fri: treadmill intervals for 60sec

No changes to my high days - low days would be one day on the elliptical and one interval day on the treadmill.

Blk 3:
    Mon: no changes

Tue: bike or elliptical – everything else keep

Thur: no changes

Fri: grass tempo – everything else keep

No changes to the high days - low days - one elliptical and one grass tempo.

As you can see I'm happy with my high intensity setup but low days was a little to aggressive. 0.12 improvement on my 30m times over the 12 weeks with most of the gains coming in the final 4 weeks. 3 more months of solid work before winter sets in - hopefully I can continue to see results with my times. The runs will start to get longer and faster which should allow me to continue the progress.

Upcoming block:

Mon: Contrast speed (30sled, skips, 60 timed at 30), jumps for distance, throws, squats/rdl

Tue: Warmup, ub wts, core

Thur: flys 30-40 with a 15m run in, efe/fef, throws, depth jumps, squats/hypers

Fri: Warmup, ub wts, core

The flys on Thur isn't for top speed - more high end acceleration work leading into top speed flys next block.

I need to do a better job with my diet over these next 4-8 weeks. I bought 10lbs of protein at the start of gpp which was suppose to last 4 weeks - 12 weeks later and I still have about 3lbs. My mood and performance is better when I eat whatever. I will never have a Adrian Peterson body type - I'm more like a Marshall Faulk or Walter dix bodytype.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Friday: 300 Bodyweight 188lbs
    Warmup S
    3(50, pskips d/h 2x8, 50)
    Squats 3x3x 75 85 93% (the plan was to do 75% but I felt strong today)
    Rdl 3x6 275
    Bench 4x3x80%
    Rows/Lat pd 4x6
    1a: Cable rear raises 2x10

Didn't have much today (not surprise after running fast on monday) - I kept the runs very easy with a 20m int limit. If I would have gone faster I probably would have blown up. I felt good on the squats, I worked up to an easy 93% - could have done it for at least 6reps. I haven't gone over 75% over the past 11 weeks and my squat strength is holding up strong. I changed my running shoes today and my feet feel alot better - I may be able to add some tempo runs in the next block. I have about 3 months of tough training before the cold weather sets in, I'm hoping I can continue to shave some time off my 30m time. I feel as the runs get longer I will continue to see improvement in my 30m times... Let's get to work!!!!!

I would like to add the tempo runs back to my program because it allows me to spend more time with my family. My son is able to come with me and he can run around the big field and there's also a playground for the kids. It's great being a dad - I came home today and my son was trying his best to stay up so I could read him a book before bed.
    I love taking my kids to the track or gyms that allow it. I did it for years when my kids were little and doing it again training together.

What kind of shoes did you get?!

My feet Kill me after a sprint session. I'll try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lr1400 View Post
    I love taking my kids to the track or gyms that allow it. I did it for years when my kids were little and doing it again training together.

What kind of shoes did you get?!

My feet Kill me after a sprint session. I'll try anything.
    I have a bunch of gear from Unc that I haven't used - was a pair of nike cross trainers/running shoes. Much heavier and more stability then most of these new lightweight running shoes. What kind of shoes are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    I have a bunch of gear from Unc that I haven't used - was a pair of nike cross trainers/running shoes. Much heavier and more stability then most of these new lightweight running shoes. What kind of shoes are you using?
    I have some 5 year old ASICS.

I sprint in cleats on grass or field turf.

Screwed up my heel doing standing triple jump in some puma Clyde style shoes. Just being stupid.

I need something though.