Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1660

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

  1. #1451
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    you constantly seem to do MORE.

    My guess without meeting you is you can so you do.

    Number one masters athlete problem is they do too much.

    I did not read Joel's article but the recipe for one is not the recipe for all. That is not one person's idea but it is HOW to train effectively over the long run over and over an over again.

    I have found the toughest thing is judgment in training for self. My brain is always saying more and go and comparing to the former self who was x year younger.

    Hormones change for men not just woman.

    Balance is a Huge thing and some come by it honestly and some do not.

    Are you able to tell when you are tired or strong or energetic? I find and have found that was a big juggle when I was competing but much more of a juggle as I have aged. What you eat, when you sleep, how you sleep the quality of your sleep and you don't need to buy a million gadgets to tell you what is going on. Gadgets are fun and gamification of wellness is big now but knowing how you feel and knowing how to acclimatize for varied scenarios is key to staying healthy let alone wishing to compete which over a certain age.

    Just my opinion based on a life time of coaching, training and aging.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 07-20-2021 at 12:20 PM.

  2. #1452
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    by the way I am not trying to knock you.

    You are hard working, diligent and very interested and keen and seem to study what is going on out there.

    Where is and what is your anchor regarding what you do? ( you don't need to answer that out loud)

    Something is causing you to have so many injuries that you are not able to move ahead as you wish.

    Staying fit and healthy is a different category completely than competing and the nature of competing requires a well supported, consistent and ongoing set of circumstances which is tricky at best especially if you are juggling marriage, work, and raising kids.

  3. #1453
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    the knock I will get for saying this is I don't know and for me it's all about rest and not the work.

    Well I can not know from second hand information. Unless I see I am not able to understand full stop what exactly is going on.

    Missing the signs of what to do and how to train is a classic problem for many and this is why coaching is so hard when done correctly as one must be watched most of the time.

    One of Charlie's key strengths was his understanding of the CNS and rehabbing injuries due to his serious disappointment having had to quit the sport from over training. Imagine he was ranked 5th in the world as a white guy in the early 70s and stopping your career ( and your parents supported you) before you hit the ripe age of 25 years old.

    Rehab, regeneration, actively regenerating and proactively regenerating are boring, time consuming and no one likes to do it.

    My guess and bet is almost everyone reading this could improve their training overnight by installing routine regeneration into their training plan.

  4. #1454
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    by the way I am not trying to knock you.

    You are hard working, diligent and very interested and keen and seem to study what is going on out there.

    Where is and what is your anchor regarding what you do? ( you don't need to answer that out loud)

    Something is causing you to have so many injuries that you are not able to move ahead as you wish.

    Staying fit and healthy is a different category completely than competing and the nature of competing requires a well supported, consistent and ongoing set of circumstances which is tricky at best especially if you are juggling marriage, work, and raising kids.
    The training is working. I ran 7.08 over 60m (only 3 races) last year as a 40+ yr and I know why the injuries took place had almost nothing to do with training but prior things in my life. One of the main things that has bought about success has been dropping the non sense tempo runs.

    Also read again closely if you think I'm doing more.... Sent you a PM.

  5. #1455
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    THat's great your training is working because you say it's working but is it really working? ( because you say it is?)

    NO.

    Spring of 2018 May to August and you got injured in the first day.

    I don't care what powerlifting you did or do from May to August but there are countless auxiliary exercises to do outside powerlifting that have relevance to speed training.What about pool or bike or medicine ball circuits.

    Powerlifting is NOT the cornerstone to speed training and it is for sure not the cornerstone to how I trained or watched how Charlie trained countless others for more than 2 decades.

    Spring of 2019 May to December = you were never fully healthy why?

    I want to make sure those reading your thread understand there are many variables we know little about regarding your training and injuries and how you got the injuries and how you recovered ( or did not recover ) from your injuries.

    People get injured and they also heal. The body needs to heal and wants to heal. Unless maybe too much work is getting done in the wrong areas of the training to allow healing?

    If you are not healing and not recovering why?

    I don't know why. There is something you want to understand if you have seasons ( plural / more than one and especialy when they are consecutive seasons ) where you are not able to train effectively.

    As far as tempo which can be done in countless ways I will say that few want or like doing tempo and anyone can say what they wish about it but It is and has been a cornerstone idea and method of how Charlie trained. I am good with anyone re-inventing their training and then we get to hear about their results (or lack of results)

  6. #1456
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    THat's great your training is working because you say it's working but is it really working? ( because you say it is?)

    NO.

    Spring of 2018 May to August and you got injured in the first day.

    I don't care what powerlifting you did or do from May to August but there are countless auxiliary exercises to do outside powerlifting that have relevance to speed training.What about pool or bike or medicine ball circuits.

    Powerlifting is NOT the cornerstone to speed training and it is for sure not the cornerstone to how I trained or watched how Charlie trained countless others for more than 2 decades.

    Spring of 2019 May to December = you were never fully healthy why?

    I want to make sure those reading your thread understand there are many variables we know little about regarding your training and injuries and how you got the injuries and how you recovered ( or did not recover ) from your injuries.

    People get injured and they also heal. The body needs to heal and wants to heal. Unless maybe too much work is getting done in the wrong areas of the training to allow healing?

    If you are not healing and not recovering why?

    I don't know why. There is something you want to understand if you have seasons ( plural / more than one and especialy when they are consecutive seasons ) where you are not able to train effectively.

    As far as tempo which can be done in countless ways I will say that few want or like doing tempo and anyone can say what they wish about it but It is and has been a cornerstone idea and method of how Charlie trained. I am good with anyone re-inventing their training and then we get to hear about their results (or lack of results)
    Once again go read very slowly.

  7. #1457
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    My role here is not to teach you what I know.

    I have done okay with coaching. Exceedingly well coaching as it pertained to what was going on but I am here to make sure people read the material from Charlie.

    Read his books.

    Watch the video footage.

    Study the information

    Reinvent the wheel if you want.

    His results were indisputable and are able to be replicated.

  8. #1458
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    My role here is not to teach you what I know.

    I have done okay with coaching. Exceedingly well coaching as it pertained to what was going on but I am here to make sure people read the material from Charlie.

    Read his books.

    Watch the video footage.

    Study the information

    Reinvent the wheel if you want.

    His results were indisputable and are able to be replicated.
    Sounds good... Always remember there's more than one way to skin a cat. I have stolen form many great coaches besides Charlie.

  9. #1459
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    This information is based on the dominance in the track world of an entire group of people.

    One could assume as many do that drugs have been a reason for this.

    Assumptions are not facts.

    Small amounts of Olympic lifting requires more than 48 hours to recover joint space for the very best adapted individual.

    It's very difficult to become your best sprinting self unless you perform proper speed training 3 times a week in some shape or form. We don't need to look too much further in a program once we see the lifting dominance out does the speed training for what ever said reasons.

    Doing speed Monday and not returning to speed until say Thursday is already pushing the outer limits of gaining the correct stimulus to progressively digest the speed work.

    Yes, there are right ways to skin cat and ways that make less or zero sense.

    The list of coaches who've achieved Charlie's status is how long? And we don't have the advantage of knowing what they did for the most part as I have mentioned already for varied reasons.

    I am not attempting to say Charlie was the only guy on the planet who understood how to do things but I am saying there more than a life time of knowledge of development which is well documented and available. If someone is wanting to educate themselves about speed training I would suggest investing in a ~10 dollar e- book ( mind you it is 10 USA dollars LOL) like Speed Trap or The Charlie Francis Training System it better to do that than to watch some self professed Instagram show off or read a reddit thread.

    The governing bodies that be have allowed the world to accept that certain countries are the only countries who are breaking rules. Collectively we have a political war within the sport that has zero to do with speed and power but has to do with bullshit, egos and other non training issues.

    There has to be a basis of quality as a starting point with education.

    I guess the issue here and now is that Charlie attracted those willing to learn from him and in return he gave endlessly. Now that he is gone who has stepped up to continually contribute?

    I miss handled fostering the site in the early days after we lost Charlie. Hard to blame me for that. What has been disappointing is how some of the male members gave up on the site. I will take some of the blame for how I dealt with some of the members but they too must have wanted cooperation for the quality of posts and information.

    As expected people are as Charlie used to say most interested in themselves and once they get what they want they are gone. Charlie had his feet strongly planted in the earth and did his bit and then he left and he owes no one anything and none of us are getting out of here alive.

    History is wonderful for this even if it takes multitudes of decades to see the pattern. It's not a surprise that Coach Charlie Francis loved history, studied it and was old fashion with his values.

    I encourage those interested in learning about speed training to look at the store and content in the store.

    Gather a base of info from the list of coaches who have done the most and accomplished the most. Be selective who you study from and understand the reasons why you are going to accept the training or not.

    And if you need my help I will also do my best to help and support you as best as I am able.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 07-20-2021 at 04:09 PM.

  10. #1460
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    This information is based on the dominance in the track world of an entire group of people.

    One could assume as many do that drugs have been a reason for this.

    Assumptions are not facts.

    Small amounts of Olympic lifting requires more than 48 hours to recover joint space for the very best adapted individual.

    It's very difficult to become your best sprinting self unless you perform proper speed training 3 times a week in some shape or form.

    Yes, there are right ways to skin cat and ways that make less or zero sense.

    The list of coaches who've achieved Charlie's status is how long? And we don't have the advantage of knowing what they did for the most part as I have mentioned already for varied reasons.

    I am not attempting to say Charlie was the only guy on the planet who understood how to do things but I am saying there more than a life time of knowledge of development which is well documented and available. If someone is wanting to educate themselves about speed training I would suggest investing in a ~10 dollar e- book ( mind you it is 10 USA dollars LOL) like Speed Trap or The Charlie Francis Training System it better to do that than to watch some self professed Instagram show off or read a reddit thread.

    There has to be a basis of quality as a starting point with education.

    I guess the issue here and now is that Charlie attracted those willing to learn from him and in return he gave endlessly. Now that he is gone who has stepped up to contribute?

    I encourage those interested in learning about speed training to look at the store and content in the store.

    Gather a base of info from the list of coaches who have done the most and accomplished the most. Be selective who you study from and understand the reasons why you are going to accept the training or not.
    Ange you really don't know anything about me... You would know I am one of the few people left who still credit Charlie for everything I have learned about speed training. I had most of the products from the store before you sent me all the products, I believe in 2010 or 2011 through email. I have read all of them and often go back for reviews.

    I totally disagree with this comment >>> It's very difficult to become your best sprinting self unless you perform proper speed training 3 times a week in some shape or form.

Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 156 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •