Page 68 of 165 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 118 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Thursday: 350
    Warmup S
    1x30sled; 2x40sled
    4x60 (45) 7
    Jumps for distance 3x4
    Running A's 3x30
    Bench press/Explosive pushups 3x3/3x3
    Deadlift/Depth jumps 2x3/2x4x24
    General strength: Ringo x12

Felt tight (windy - chilly weather) - felt like I did squats!!! Overall I managed to have a decent session towards the end. The weights felt like trash - it's time to deload.

2008 indoor: Ran 6.98 (pr) Second meet back from a hamstring pull

2009 season: I went to training camp with a CFL team and suffered a major ankle/foot injury – wasn’t totally healthy till late indoor season. This was the season I open with 7.2. The 7.2 wasn’t an expression of my true speed – I think. Because by the 5th meet I hit 6.99 in prelims then blew up my hamstring in finals with 3 meets to go. I felt like I could have gone 6.85-6.88 the winter of 2009. This was my first year ever doing outdoor track – open with 11.17 (-1). Went on to hit 10.56 later that summer in August. This was my first full year competing and running track year-round – took 2 weeks off and started back training. Everything was great!!! Side note - this was the season my bodyweight went from 190-195lbs to 170-175lbs.

2010 season: Opener was 7.02 at Mankato state and 7.03 at Iowa state, once again felt like I was in 6.7-6.8 shape but suffered another hamstring injury when I went back home to Texas and was doing speed work in chilly weather. Never totally bounced back from the injury. This is when I tried a more tempo-based program (outdoor prep). Only was able to produce 10.8’s.

2011-2013: General training (speed, jumping, weights etc)

Fall of 2013 to Fall of 2016: No training - wasn't active at all!!!

Gotta find out why my openers are always slow.

Banned

Do you train alone?

I had an athlete who went to university so trained there, when he returned he just couldn't compete in training and races, anyway turned out his couch there would never allow them to run against each other, and so he never had a race rhythm or feeling. Always took him a while to get into swing of things

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    Do you train alone?

I had an athlete who went to university so trained there, when he returned he just couldn't compete in training and races, anyway turned out his couch there would never allow them to run against each other, and so he never had a race rhythm or feeling. Always took him a while to get into swing of things
    Yes, i train along.

Do you train alone?

I have the same issue. I rarely get to train with my boys. Maybe once a week. First few meets are trash until I can get some races in. Usually 4 races. im hoping to run more 200's this year. I just get tired of waiting at some of these meets, especially the meets with kids.

Banned

There is definitely a neurological element when having someone next to you that just messes up your kinematics when your not used to it.

Defo sometimes a technique benefit to not having that pressure when doing some technical work, but id say in the lead up to competing you need that extra mental stim

There is definitely a neurological element when having someone next to you that just messes up your kinematics when your not used to it.

Defo sometimes a technique benefit to not having that pressure when doing some technical work, but id say in the lead up to competing you need that extra mental stim
    Using Charlie recommendations the 2010 season I open with 7.02. He recommended -

3 weeks accumulation
    7 weeks max strength
    4 weeks maintenance (first race was at the end of period)
    3 week max strength

I think it allowed me to open up faster because I was in a maintenance period vs coming right out of a max strength period. Also think all the longer tempo runs that fall gave me a greater base of general fitness. Lastly, racing year round gave me a boost instead of doing indoor follow by a year off. What do you think?

Cut yourself some slack.

Not too many people start with their best.

It takes up to 5 races to be at your best.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Cut yourself some slack.

Not too many people start with their best.

It takes up to 5 races to be at your best.
    Off a 9yr layout what do you think would be reasonable goal for my first indoor meet this year based off past history?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    I have the same issue. I rarely get to train with my boys. Maybe once a week. First few meets are trash until I can get some races in. Usually 4 races. im hoping to run more 200's this year. I just get tired of waiting at some of these meets, especially the meets with kids.
    Downside to running the 200m - if my wife and son attend a meet I would hate to have them waiting for so long. First two indoor meets I'm going along because I need to focus and get into another zone - not trying to be a dad...