Page 27 of 167 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Friday: Bodyweight 191lbs
    Warmup S
    DL 3x1x80%
    Rdl 2x5x85
    Bent row 4x5
    Hypers 3x10
    Mod hanging leg raises 3x25
    Tempo: 7x60

One change I wish I would have made was adding block pulls. Deadlifts, block pulls, rdl, rows, abs.

Week 24: Taper
    Monday: Bodyweight 190lbs
    Warmup B
    Squat 3x1x70% (plus 10)
    Dead 3x1x60 (plus 40)
    Bench 3x1x80 (plus 5)

Tue: rest
    Wed: Train
    Thur: rest
    Fri: rest
    Sat: sq/bp/dl (1rm)

Not sure what to expect on Saturday - not really counting on any massive improvements. I know for a fact I'm stronger but not sure how much - I have already done my previous max for a easy double and did a easy single plus 20lbs over my previous max. Previous 1rm was done about 3 months ago.

Wednesday: Bodyweight 190lbs
    Warmup S
    Squat 3x1x60% (15)
    Dead 3x1x50
    Bench 3x1x70

check pm sent yesterday

I decided to adjust my training max numbers for tomorrow because my body doesn't feel great. I understand why strength athletes use knee/elbow sleeves etc.

Original goals: (12 weeks) 70lbs on the squat, 40lbs on the bench, and the deadlift whatever I had.

Adjusted goals: (12 weeks) 50lbs squat, 20lbs bench.

It's better to stay safe after all. I never been the type of lifter who miss reps or technique look totally different when maxing out etc. I always try to stress good clean crisp reps.

The first 3 months:
    Squat: 65lbs
    Bench 25lbs
    Deadlift 55lbs

The past 3 months:
    Squat 50lbs - total 115lbs
    Bench 20lbs - total 45lbs
    Deadlift 50lbs - total 105lbs

Felt fresh and strong this morning... I blew my load on the squat since it was my "primary" lift and didn't push it much on the bench/dl. I probably had another 10lbs on the bench and I stopped after my 2nd attempt on the deadlift. I took one to many jumps on the squat and it cost me 15lbs. Overall I'm happy with the results and glad to be moving on because these past 3 months of training has been tough!!!!

The goal is to do a quick 20-30mins of cardiac work Sunday morning to enhance my recovery etc. The original plan was to start the next block of training on Monday but about 4 weeks into this past program I decided to take a week to recover - much needed!!!!

What weights did you lift in your 1rm tests?

Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    What weights did you lift in your 1rm tests?
    High bar back squat 585 (no wraps/sleeves - just a old 1980 leather belt)
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 585 (done more in training but I stopped - didn't have much motivation after the squats)

I normally train around 5pm but I done all my testing early Saturday thats a huge deal for me because I hate lifting heavy shit early morning.

No pre workout drinks/caffeine.

I probably should have staggered the lifts like I did the first 3 months vs doing all 3 on the same day.

If my body recover well over this week, I will continue the powerlifting training.

I never miss reps in training and rarely grind out reps.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    High bar back squat 585 (no wraps/sleeves - just a old 1980 leather belt)
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 585 (done more in training but I stopped - didn't have much motivation after the squats)

I normally train around 5pm but I done all my testing early Saturday thats a huge deal for me because I hate lifting heavy shit early morning.

No pre workout drinks/caffeine.

I probably should have staggered the lifts like I did the first 3 months vs doing all 3 on the same day.

If my body recover well over this week, I will continue the powerlifting training.

I never miss reps in training and rarely grind out reps.
    That's some impressive numbers. Was your squat to powerlifting depth, and was your bench paused? I've competed internationally in powerlifting, but your Wilks score is significantly higher than mine. With this sort of Wilks score you could place in the top 15 at IPF World Classics. Are you going to enter any powerlifting meets this year?

Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    That's some impressive numbers. Was your squat to powerlifting depth? I've competed internationally in powerlifting, but your Wilks score is significantly higher than mine. With this sort of Wilks score you could place in the top 15 at IPF World Classics. Are you going to enter any powerlifting meets this year?
    All my squats are very deep - deeper then most powerlifters I see at meets. Probably won't do any meets - gonna start my track and field training in two months. Coming off my 3yr layoff I was doing 275 for 10 this time last year - boy I have come a long ways!!!

I wanna do another 2 month block of powerlifting training but not sure my body can take it.