Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1663

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Saturday:
    Mobility A/C x10
    GS: Willie 8x
    GS: Spencer 12x

Steam room recovery session.

We already went big on clemson over wake... We have big cash on kstate over baylor. If kstate win - extra PHAT on utah over oregon tonight.

Before I get into the training stuff, I want to thank my wife and son for allowing and supporting me throughout this journey. Most people my age can’t do this because of health or family obligations. My wife has always push me through this journey even when I didn’t want to do it going all the way back to 2016. That’s where I get my strength and drive to continue this journey….

Training stuff: Today the weather will be in the low 50’s. I will perform my speed session mid-day and strength training at night. I’ll probably pick my son up from school and head directly to the track before the campus closes for Thanksgiving and to give myself a chance for decent weather. The track work will be a little bit of everything accel – max velocity – short speed endurance while the weights will be “very” easy later tonight. The session today will probably be my last hard track session follow by 6 days of rest before heading into meet prep. Meet prep week: 1 speed session, 1 recovery session, 1 neural session not much work – just enough work to keep the system prime and ready. All the hard work has been done at this point and no chances of hitting a big lottery ticket!!! Believe in the work that has been done and repeat what has been done in practices thousands of times. Charlie Francis always said – the minute you try and do something more in meets – It’s all over!!!

Injuries: The shoulder is heading in the right direction. Probably about 2 weeks away from being 100%. Over the past couple days, I have noticed not much discomfort with the arm swing but still not ready for upper pressing work. I’ll continue to perform hundreds of daily reps of shoulder rehab movements while allowing the area time to rest as much as possible.

“Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” ― Frank Ocean

It's difficult to achieve wonderful things completely alone and the fact that you have support from your better half , it's essential to achieve long term results and ultimately balance in your life. Your wife is clearly a fabulous woman and smart to realize supporting her significant other goes a long way contributing to a life with shared values.

Tuesday 330
    Warmup S (stiff jumps/sl bounds) (weather 45)
    4x30b; (short speed endurance) >80b-70b-60b r4-7

Weights later tonight. Update later.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    It's difficult to achieve wonderful things completely alone and the fact that you have support from your better half , it's essential to achieve long term results and ultimately balance in your life. Your wife is clearly a fabulous woman and smart to realize supporting her significant other goes a long way contributing to a life with shared values.
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Thank you!!!

PM weights:

Hurdle mobility 2x10
    Power clean 3x2x225
    Back squat/rock jump x3 2x3x315
    Glute drive 2x5 405
    Db support row 3x8

It's time to rest and get a couple massages over the next 6 days. I'll update with more notes throughout the week - don't feel like typing at the moment.

My body just starting to feel somewhat normal. Tuesday workout was harder than it looked on paper. The bottom of my feet been tight each morning this week - I decided to get them massaged today. The plan was to start training on Monday, but I'll wait and see how my body feel - the weather supposed to be warmer on Tuesday. I know many people don't like static stretching, but I found performing some easy static stretching each morning while my son is having breakfast is very helpful. If I go a couple days without doing it my body starts to feel weird and injuries start to take place. Low cost/risk with high payout!!! These first couple indoors meets I'll probably be playing with various templates because the one thing I haven't been able to get right is fatigue management going into meets etc. This first meet I'll go back and try a light neural session the day before comp - haven't done this since 2010. If it goes well, I'll probably keep it otherwise next up. All about recovery and staying sharp at this point.

To try and control some stressors this week.

1: Cont the use of ksm66.
    2: No sports betting this week.
    3: Limit exposure to blue light.
    4: Good "quality" sleep each night and squeezing in an hour nap. Keyword - is quality!!!!!
    5: Trying to squeeze in a couple massages.

Week 5: MEET PREP
    Monday: 240
    Warmup S (weather 39)
    4x30(blk) r2; 2x60 3pt r4 (30)
    Power clean 3x2x235
    Back squat 2x1x315

Stimulate!!!!!! All speed work was done at submax intensity - using a 30m intensity limit. Recovery tomorrow morning with incline treadmill walking and stuff. Between last Wednesday and Friday, I ate 3 sweet potatoes pies. I went hard on the pies therefore I only had one small thanksgiving plate. Those sweet potatoes pies always add quick pounds.

** Postworkout bodyweight: 174.5