Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1663

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Friday: 270/9
    Warmup S (weather mid 40's)
    (30fly; efe; 30fly)(30fly; fef 30fly; 30fly) 15m accel zone/20-20-20
    Cooldown: 3x100 (barefoot)
    Snatch deadlifts/depth jump x3 3x3 295 315 335
    Db rev lunge 2x5 60
    Glute drive 2x10 405
    Db support row 3x12
    Cooldown: Jump rope 200 (barefoot)

The session today was mostly high end acceleration work. The weights were crazy easy - not trying to push them much the first week back. The goal next week is to hit 385x2 on the squat and 355x2 on the snatch deads. Time to ice my shoulder and watch some NBA.

Saturday:
    Mobility A/C x10
    GS: Willie 8x
    GS: Spencer 12x

Recovery..

Week 2:
    Monday: 260/680/9/54/10
    Warmup S (Weather Low 50's)
    Short speed endurance: 2x60; 2x70 r4-5 timed
    Cooldown: 3x100 (barefoot)
    Power clean 4x2x85%
    Back squat/rock jump x3 3x2 345 365 385
    Hypers 2x6
    Db support row 3x10
    Cooldown: Jump rope 200 (barefoot)

Decent session today on the track, my time through 30 was slightly faster than last week (4.10) but still off from before taking two weeks off. I'm probably another week or two off from regaining fitness. Hopefully over the next week or two my shoulder will be fully healthy because it threw me off today on those first two reps by not being able to generate a lot of force and balance with the left arm. The weights were a different story - the cleans still cause a little pain in the rack position but the squat felt super easy. I could have easily gone 405 for a double. The plan was to slowly introduce heavy weights back into the program - next week I will work up to a heavy single 425-435.

Postworkout weight: 172lbs

“Whatever you are, be a good one.” ― Abraham Lincoln

I admire your dedication to logging and sharing what you are choosing to do for training.

I want to remind those reading your diary that coaching yourself at all levels has varied ongoing challanges.

Joining a group at the masters level is a good idea for several reasons yet it won't solve some of the challanges one faces in any sport without knowledgable coaching to watch what is going on in real time.

Coaching all sports has been a mish mash of certifications and while the internet has and will continue to play an excellent role in raising the bar of info for all, reading books and studying video and seminars from the highest level results will always play a key role in the education process

The history of this site was to inform, educate and guide speed interested coaches, athletes and parents in how Master Coach Charlie Francis addressed planning, periodization and the art and science of speed training.

A dilemia facing coaches and athletes in 2021 is the bombardment of volumes of information from sources that are backed by advertising. I am not against advertising yet a baseline of information is often needed to quality information and to take full advantage of how to apply that content.

We have been online for over 20 years without once cent of sponsorship. If and when I choose to align www.charliefrancis.com with advertising I will do so with care and transparency of intent.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 11-10-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Tuesday:
    Mobility A/C x10
    Upward leg raise 2x12
    Russian lean 2x3
    Stand hip flex 2x8/3s hold at top
    Hip flexion 2x15
    GS: Shola 30/30

Recovery!!!!

Wednesday: 160/36
    Warmup B (weather high 50's)
    2x40; 3bounds; 3lunge jumps; 3str leg bounds
    40; plyos; 40 timed (fastest 408)
    MT: x5 (ohb, blf) (no throws shoulder)
    Cooldown: 6x50 (barefoot)

I was schedule to do 4x40 but I decided to do a little extra work and finish with 7x40. The fastest run through 30m was 4.08 from a 3pt stance using a touchpad. Since coming back from the 2 week vacation I have gone from 414 (last mon) > 4.10 (this mon) > 4.08 (this wed) with my timed runs. The shoulder felt a little better today - less pain and better ROM. I'm still about 1-2 weeks away from being 100% healthy and regaining pre vacation fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    I admire your dedication to logging and sharing what you are choosing to do for training.

I want to remind those reading your diary that coaching yourself at all levels has varied ongoing challanges.

Joining a group at the masters level is a good idea for several reasons yet it won't solve some of the challanges one faces in any sport without knowledgable coaching to watch what is going on in real time.

Coaching all sports has been a mish mash of certifications and while the internet has and will continue to play an excellent role in raising the bar of info for all, reading books and studying video and seminars from the highest level results will always play a key role in the education process

The history of this site was to inform, educate and guide speed interested coaches, athletes and parents in how Master Coach Charlie Francis addressed planning, periodization and the art and science of speed training.

A dilemia facing coaches and athletes in 2021 is the bombardment of volumes of information from sources that are backed by advertising. I am not against advertising yet a baseline of information is often needed to quality information and to take full advantage of how to apply that content.

We have been online for over 20 years without once cent of sponsorship. If and when I choose to align www.charliefrancis.com with advertising I will do so with care and transparency of intent.
    Thank you!!!

I been playing with different meet templates and deload weeks leading into the meet. Since I lost so much fitness with the 2-week vacation and with this block being short I was thinking about doing more work in the deload week. I decided to keep with the original deload template because I want to make sure I eliminate any fatigue and stick with what been working over the past year. The meet template - I don't have any good data on this part because every meet I have done recently has been under high fatigue levels. It's a learning process - I call it learning the "new me". I'm leaning towards this:

Tue: Speed/wts

Wed: Recovery - incline treadmill walk/mb circuits

Thur: Rest/EMS pulse mode

Fri: Neural session: 2x20 blocks + ohb x5

What device are you using for EMS?

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    What device are you using for EMS?
    A old system I bought over 15yrs ago (ems 7500). Still good for recovery/rehab work but that's about it.