Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 39 79 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 99 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Looks like the template I posted several years ago that worked well for me in the past when working long hours. I thought hard about separating my speed from weights ex - Mon/Thur speed, Tue/Fri wts, Sat tempo. I decided to keep 3 hi track days because I felt like I would benefit from more specific track work and was not sure how my body would handle speed follow by another hi intensity day.

How are your fatigue levels throughout the week esp. when it is time to sprint fast? It is an old book, but you should read Power to the People, I think it could be helpful when planning strength training esp. for masters.
    Yeah I remember that template, this is something I used a number of years ago as well.
    Since I have gone back to only running twice a week ,it coincides with not having any achilles /calf injuries for over 9 months.
    I am aware of Tony Wells ,hence my thoughts on dropping the fat and just speed and weights. Am going to continue with eliptical tempo for a little while.
    Recovery is a bit hit and miss, some weeks I feel great and others ,not so. This could be an age thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Yeah I remember that template, this is something I used a number of years ago as well.
    Since I have gone back to only running twice a week ,it coincides with not having any achilles /calf injuries for over 9 months.
    I am aware of Tony Wells ,hence my thoughts on dropping the fat and just speed and weights. Am going to continue with eliptical tempo for a little while.
    Recovery is a bit hit and miss, some weeks I feel great and others ,not so. This could be an age thing as well.
    Wish you the best.... I know all about leg issues been fighting lower/inner hamstring, achilles tendonitis, and plantar fasciitis over the past 2yrs.

Tuesday:
    Warmup Jr
    Skip/Bound circuit 2x6 each leg
    MB: x10 (height, blf)
    Pullups 5x5

Thursday:
    Warmup S
    Sled: 4x40 3/4 (heavier sled)
    Jumps for distance 6x4
    Sled: 4x40
    MB: x10 (ohb, blf)
    Podium trap deadlift 2x6
    Db rev lunge 2x6
    Db bench 2x15
    Db support row 3x12

Tuesday - was our typical power day nice easy session that makes me feel good. This morning we wrapped up our first week of the second block of gpp with some longer sled pulls etc. Time to rest/recover over these next 2 days!!!

@grooster
    Same here regarding training well for nearly 9 months. I would have been ready for a July showdown. Believe it! Everything went very well. Iíd give it all back for my kids to have a normal social life. I would in a heartbeat.

@RB34
    6 months off legs completely? No BFR? EMS?
    Iím in my 2nd week of two full months of giving my legs a break. I havenít had such a long break in years. I deserve it.
    I will start back up on Oct. 1st or about 6 weeks sooner than last year 2019. Iím in Fantastic shape, but, will not get greedy.
    With no Meets on the Horizon, why maintain it I figured.

The tips I got from you were awesome. I used that info and parlayed it with easy wins to get 2 to 1, 3 to 1 and 4 to 1. All with very little research at all..I have the receipts to prove it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    @grooster
    Same here regarding training well for nearly 9 months. I would have been ready for a July showdown. Believe it! Everything went very well. I’d give it all back for my kids to have a normal social life. I would in a heartbeat.

@RB34
    6 months off legs completely? No BFR? EMS?
    I’m in my 2nd week of two full months of giving my legs a break. I haven’t had such a long break in years. I deserve it.
    I will start back up on Oct. 1st or about 6 weeks sooner than last year 2019. I’m in Fantastic shape, but, will not get greedy.
    With no Meets on the Horizon, why maintain it I figured.

The tips I got from you were awesome. I used that info and parlayed it with easy wins to get 2 to 1, 3 to 1 and 4 to 1. All with very little research at all..I have the receipts to prove it lol
    2 months off my legs Jan-Feb... Covid19 forced me speed things in March - I started tempo runs. LET'S BET!!!!! Oakland A's ML....

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    2 months off my legs Jan-Feb... Covid19 forced me speed things in March - I started tempo runs. LET'S BET!!!!! Oakland A's ML....
    Years ago you posted a type of work-out that Military types do for someone here. I think it was a high rep, low rest type of circuit work-out of some sort.
    Do you remember what it was called? bc I can't. You put a link that led to t-nation.

A's- up 6-4 with the Rangers having the bases loaded 1 out in the top of the 8th. a base hit ties it...change-up/off-speed pitch to pop out a young aggressive hitter, then a punch out/strike out to get out of the mess. Clutch.

Years ago you posted a type of work-out that Military types do for someone here. I think it was a high rep, low rest type of circuit work-out of some sort.
    Do you remember what it was called? bc I can't. You put a link that led to t-nation.

A's- up 6-4 with the Rangers having the bases loaded 1 out in the top of the 8th. a base hit ties it...change-up/off-speed pitch to pop out a young aggressive hitter, then a punch out/strike out to get out of the mess. Clutch.
    I just checked my bookmarks and didn't see anything fitting that under my t-nation articles.

It was a solid day yesterday.
    $100.00 $1,003.54 Win 4 Team Parlay
    Win
    8/7/2020 7:00:01 PM Football E-Sports Simulations 5187 Seattle Seahawks +120* vs Baltimore Ravens
    Win
    8/7/2020 8:05:01 PM NBA Basketball 710 New Orleans Pelicans -355* vs Washington Wizards
    Win
    8/7/2020 9:00:01 PM Football E-Sports Simulations 5189 NYJ scores first +105* vs CHI scores first
    Win
    8/7/2020 9:10:01 PM Live In-Play Baseball 9976 Oakland Athletics -110* vs Houston Astros (Fixed Price)

Man oh fn man! That’s a Great day at the office. I went 18 for 20 in one week in Feb. everything just went right, I guess. I don’t know how you came across that one method, but fuck, it’s like having a machine/printer that makes $$$.
    I know nothing about e-sports and will look into it. Is that sport similar to the MLB and NHL method?

Btw, I took a screenshot of the circuit program. However, I give my daughter my old phones when I upgrade and my goodness, she screenshots a ton of things which also goes into my cloud. Tough to find things on a smartphone for me. I need to go back to bookmarking sites myself.

When I come back to training in Oct. I will now have plenty of soft tree chips to jump/land/run on in the back yard. Took a lot of work for me which I did everyday on non sprint days. I’d do an hour in the AM and an hour in the PM. Got the chips for free from a tree company and did the work myself. Saved money now. Save my legs later.

Man oh fn man! That’s a Great day at the office. I went 18 for 20 in one week in Feb. everything just went right, I guess. I don’t know how you came across that one method, but fuck, it’s like having a machine/printer that makes $$$.
    I know nothing about e-sports and will look into it. Is that sport similar to the MLB and NHL method?

Btw, I took a screenshot of the circuit program. However, I give my daughter my old phones when I upgrade and my goodness, she screenshots a ton of things which also goes into my cloud. Tough to find things on a smartphone for me. I need to go back to bookmarking sites myself.
    I really want to help you find the article because I'm curious... Do you remember any of the key points etc and are you sure it was me?