Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1503

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Meaning, always betting the same on every play.

Now I do things Similar to what you do or at least what I have seen on this board that you do...Bet on confidence levels. More profit that way.

I’m still learning. Even after years.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Those assholes just changed the whole damn site!!!!
    I use a guy in the San Francisco Bay that has a site I like. Traditional bookie (credit account). Odds are a little better as well.
    He also will probably send me biz soon bc we compliment each other’s business.

Week 7:
    Sunday: 360/660/20/12/39
    Warmup Jr
    30(2xsled,2x facedown) 3/5
    30(2xsled,2xpushup)
    30(2xsled, 2x2pt)
    MT: 6xohb, 6xblf
    Power clean 225x2 245x3x2 255x3x1 245x2x2
    Back squat 3x2 365 385 405
    Rdl 3x6 245

This will be a tough week of training!!! I decided to decrease some of the volume since I'm working on short rest. I reduced the cleans from 3x2 to 3x1 for 255 and the squats from 3x3 to 3x2. I think at the start of a training block I should be good for 405 for 5 reps at a bodyweight of 173lbs. I notice over the past several weeks my lower inner hamstring tendons is getting tight from all the resistance sprinting. At this point it’s all about "management" over these next several weeks. If you guys think my training should have something - I will probably agree but I'm having to work around prior and current injuries. Those issues are keeping me form performing certain training elements etc. The number 1 goal is to be able to perform speed and some kind lower body strength work anything else is gravy at this point.

“I always thought it was me against the world and then one day I realized it’s just me against me.” – Kendrick Lamar

Looking strong RB

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Looking strong RB
    Thank you. How's your training this summer?

Training is going well although it's mostly strength work. I've been running Greg Nuckols' Stronger by Science program (28 Free Programs if you google). Really enjoying it. I'm on my 3rd four week cycle with a bench focus. Just last week I began incorporating 1 track day per week. General fitness is down even though I've been doing lots of rowing. Keeping it basic for now, long warmup with build up sprints, skips and bounds, hill sprints. Once I finish this cycle I'll start to spend more time at the track and shift priorities a bit.

Training is going well although it's mostly strength work. I've been running Greg Nuckols' Stronger by Science program (28 Free Programs if you google). Really enjoying it. I'm on my 3rd four week cycle with a bench focus. Just last week I began incorporating 1 track day per week. General fitness is down even though I've been doing lots of rowing. Keeping it basic for now, long warmup with build up sprints, skips and bounds, hill sprints. Once I finish this cycle I'll start to spend more time at the track and shift priorities a bit.
    Be very careful with the powerlifting training esp making the transition to speed work. I did powerlifting training over 2 winters - bad decision by me.
    When I wasn't able to train this past winter - I made smarter choices with my training which made the transition to the track much easier... Your goals may be different but if speed is the goal be careful.

What issues did you have? Strengthening the wrong muscles?
    It does lead to under trained ankles and hip flexors I find.

It's why I'm adding once per week intro to the track this cycle, to make the transition easier afterwards.
    I've still been keeping up with low volume plyos before lifting.

What issues did you have? Strengthening the wrong muscles?
    It does lead to under trained ankles and hip flexors I find.

It's why I'm adding once per week intro to the track this cycle, to make the transition easier afterwards.
    I've still been keeping up with low volume plyos before lifting.
    Have you ever seen a powerlifter move or do anything athletic? Big - tight - stiff - injuries. Most powerlifting programs including Greg the volume and freq is too high to add anything else into the program without overtraining.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I use a guy in the San Francisco Bay that has a site I like. Traditional bookie (credit account). Odds are a little better as well.
    He also will probably send me biz soon bc we compliment each other’s business.
    Delete.........

Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast