Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1570

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

How might I know anything about you RB?

I have never met you.

This is not about you. This is about content I spend time and money to support for a story I wish to make available to anyone able to read.

It's a big story and it the story flipped my life upside down.

I am tried of people telling me how they train as though I have zero thought and opinions about this topic.

I am allowing the entire planet to see what I say and do and have for 20 years. When it starts coming back to me about people saying there is a general belief that Charlie did this or that I am going to make sure it's clear that one has to gather their info from the source.

You get to think what ever you want about speed training.

I don't care if you agree with me or not about how often you need to perform speed training.

This site is not masters track info dot com.

I think it's great and cool you are doing as you are. Good for you but other than your short hand training log no one can actually see what is going on without tons more specifics and data hard and soft data.

I am not making an e-book anytime soon with information on anyone's post about how they interpret what Charlie did as a coach and athlete.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 07-20-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    How might I know anything about you RB?

I have never met you.

This is not about you. This is about content I spend time and money to support for a story I wish to make available to anyone able to read.

It's a big story and it the story flipped my life upside down.

I am tried of people telling me how they train as though I have zero thought and opinions about this topic.

I am allowing the entire planet to see what I say and do and have for 20 years. When it starts coming back to me about people saying there is a general belief that Charlie did this or that I am going to make sure it's clear that one has to gather their info from the source.

You get to think what ever you want about speed training.

I don't care if you agree with me or not about how often you need to perform speed training.

This site is not masters track info dot com.

I think it's great and cool you are doing as you are. Good for you but other than your short hand training log no one can actually see what is going on without tons more specifics and data hard and soft data.

I am not making an e-book anytime soon with information on anyone's post about how they interpret what Charlie did as a coach and athlete.
    Well, keep us posted when you write that next great ebook!!! Master dot com???? Maybe you should add that subforum it would bring in more traffic.

If I sound angry I am.

If I sound bitter I am also that as well. ( about the sport, losing Charlie and the fallout of what all of this has meant)

Not anyone's fault. It's the nature of some of this.

I do greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for your pursuits in speed training and also appreciate your kind words about Charlie.

I simply want people who read this to go to the source of the info and decide for themselves.

Never has there been more information out there and how does a person differentiate what info is good and what info is not?

If I sound angry I am.

If I sound bitter I am also that as well. ( about the sport, losing Charlie and the fallout of what all of this has meant)

Not anyone's fault. It's the nature of some of this.

I do greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for your pursuits in speed training and also appreciate your kind words about Charlie.

I simply want people who read this to go to the source of the info and decide for themselves.

Never has there been more information out there and how does a person differentiate what info is good and what info is not?
    Don't be so angry!!! Happiness = long happy life!!

I will keep everyone posted if or when I create an ebook. Maybe that is how I will spend my time or not.

I know as much as I need and have needed to know and should I want different it will change. I have spent the last decade with my hands full dealing with lots. Not overly interested in much different and thank goodness I've learned what I have from one of the best.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 07-20-2021 at 03:58 PM.

I try to pick the stuff I am able to pick. Lots of stuff in this life we don't get to pick and how long we live is not one of them.

Thank you for pointing to and reminding us all about contentedness which may lead to occasions of happiness.

I try to pick the stuff I am able to pick. Lots of stuff in this life we don't get to pick and how long we live is not one of them.

Thank you for pointing to and reminding us all about contentedness which may lead to occasions of happiness.
    I sent my wife this today..

“The best thing you can do is MASTER the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you ARE the fire.” – Mama Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    I sent my wife this today..

“The best thing you can do is MASTER the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you ARE the fire.” – Mama Indigo
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Couple things I would like to share...

I was reading an old article from Joel Smith, and he hit the nail with the hammer with his statement below and I found it to be true regarding my training.

Heavy Strength and Low Reps for Fast Twitch Types: Just because you take a look at the programming of the fastest and strongest professional athletes don’t mean it will work for you. Slow and moderate twitch athletes can get easily overloaded by low rep, powerlifting style work. For fast-twitch and neurally “wired” athletes, lower rep training means under 5 reps and training loads over 80% of one’s maximal ability will be highly stimulating to this population.

I was driving to the track several weeks ago and was thinking since I made my comeback starting in the spring of 2018, I haven’t been able to train for one full year yet!!! I decided to make it a primary goal to see can I put in a full years of training.

Spring of 2018: May till August. Got injured on the first day and my season was over in late August. Sept to the following April I did nothing but powerlifting training – couldn’t run. Injuries (plantar fasciitis and lower hamstring tendon)

Spring of 2019: May till December. I was never fully healthy and same injuries ended my season in early January. From Jan to July no speed/power training. (plantar fasciitis and lower hamstring tendon)

Summer of 2020: July till December. My season ended mid-December. Injuries (patellar tendonitis)

Found out sled pulls was the cause of the lower hamstring tendon tightness. Plantar fasciitis was most likely caused from poor footwear.

The number 1 goal is to stay healthy and get a full years of training. I’m not looking for that one great session or week instead I’m trying my best to “slow cook” the process. I started this prep from the first block by taking the 4th week totally off. I’m pushing it a little more than I wanted to in these first 6-7 months because I must get all my speed work in place before winter sets in November.
    Keep On!!

and thanks for sharing, ppl.

The Americans are looking Great for the 100. I don't see anyone closing on Bromell if he gets out.
    Su under R Huntington looks like a threat for the Bronze.

Let the Games Begin.

A family member shared a site he has been using for years for Sports. I will confirm if the Track and Field events will be covered on there live and share it. Dirt cheap cost.

Tuesday:

Mobility A/C x10

Upward leg raise 2x12

Russian lean 2x3

Stand hip flex 2x10/3s hold at top

Hip flexion 2x15

GS: Shola 30/30

Recovery!!!! Last sled session of the year tomorrow follow by jumps and throws.

Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast