Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Understood, so they're all hip extension types of throws. How long do you rest between throws?
    I'm bringing my new medicine ball out for tempo tonight (not trying to copy this power workout, just trying to understand)

Quote Originally Posted by vision1 View Post
    Understood, so they're all hip extension types of throws. How long do you rest between throws?
    I'm bringing my new medicine ball out for tempo tonight (not trying to copy this power workout, just trying to understand)
    For example yesterday, toss - walk and toss again - repeat for 5 reps - follow by a 60-90sec rest. Once you finish all 10 reps I would rest 3-4mins. Those 30 throws took 20-30mins.

FYI - this session will eventually move into a med ball hop session. Hop ohb or hop hop ohb etc.

Friday:
    Warmup S
    Hills: 3x5x20 wb/3:30
    Jumps uphill 8x3
    MB: x10 (height, ohb, blf)
    Russ lean 3x5
    Pushups 5x25
    Abs 3x5

Time to hydrate - lost about 5lbs with this morning session. Week 1 in the books, let's see how the body recover over the weekend.

** Hate the walk back recovery!!!!

Russian lean is the same has a Nordiq ham curl / GHR?
    Are you able to do 3x5 full reps?

Week 2:
    Monday:
    Warmup S
    Hills: 3x4x25m 90/4 (VIDEO)
    Jumps uphill 7x3
    MB: x8 (height, ohb, blf)
    7 day cure, 1/2wts

This week I'm doing 660m of hill work, 103 jumps, and 72 throws. As the block goes on the jumps and throws will decrease in volume. I believe it's better to do your higher volume jumps earlier in the block when the athlete is the most elastic and fresh. Because the intensity of the throws are always >90% effort, you need to reduce the volume of throws from week to week which usually bring about a higher output. Time to hydrate after losing about 5lbs in this heat.

Russian lean is the same has a Nordiq ham curl / GHR?
    Are you able to do 3x5 full reps?
    Russian lean and nordic curl = same thing. It is not a movement I usually would do but 4-5 months ago it became a rehab/prehab movement in my program. When I was fighting hamstring tendinosis the leg curl and russian lean was the two movements I could not do. Along the way those 2 movements became indicator exercises in my program and was done every 4th week to judge the progress. No, I am not doing 5 full reps.

I really like that exercise. I've progressed to being able to do a couple full eccentric reps but I'm still far from full reps.
    Do you find they're a safe exercise to perform in-season?

I really like that exercise. I've progressed to being able to do a couple full eccentric reps but I'm still far from full reps.
    Do you find they're a safe exercise to perform in-season?
    I can do 1-2 full reps but that's it. I know James Smith isn't a fan of gh or russian leans and I feel the same way. Too many other safer/better options to train the hamstrings when training sprinters.

Wednesday:
    Warmup Jr
    Skip/Bound circuit 2x4 each leg (Video) (glute/rknee)
    MB: x8 (height, ohb, blf) (Video)
    Pullups 5x5
    Pushups/Abs 4x25

Avg session this morning because my glutes are still torched from Monday. I played around with Barbell 1 leg squats on Monday and my glutes are still torched - can't sit down. Have some work to get done and relaxing tonight.

Set a goal that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning.

Do you post your videos?