Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Period: Preparation - Phase: SPP
    Event: Short sprints
    Mesocycle: 3-6
    Microcycle: 1-16
    August 31 - December 19

Upcoming Block:

Sunday: Timed runs 30-50m (spikes/track), jumps, Tb wts (Bench, squat, rdl, row)

Tuesday: Long sled pulls 50-60m (grass/football cleats), skips/bounds, mb hop/throws

Thursday: Timed speed complex 30-50m (spikes/track), mb throws, Tb wts (snatch dl, db rev lunge, db bp, pullups)

1: Not too many changes - the one big change will be dropping the power day for another speed session on the track and plenty of high quality timed runs.

2: Not counting my deload/testing week this upcoming block should have a little over 480 jumps, 70 throws, and 2000m/avg 230m of speed work. Mb volume will continue to drop and this will probably be my highest volume of jumps before dropping volume and raising intensity with depth jumps starting next block.

3: Bodyweight is still holding steady in the 169-170 range while my diet is laid back. Just putting my head down and going to work.

Do not confuse my bad days as a sign of weakness. Those are the days I am actually fighting my hardest.

If I may...

There is a kid who lives down the street from me. He just started his Sophomore year. My son’s friend. He is fast and is built exactly like a sprinter. Muscular and thin at the same time. Kinda like Bolt. He is 6’4” and I believe is still growing.
    I’m going to invite him to come and train with me starting in October since there is no football for him.
    Maybe there is a reason he is so close, maybe there isn’t. You never know til you ask.
    He’s out playing basketball in front of his house. I’ll go tell him about the idea after a brief workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If I may...

There is a kid who lives down the street from me. He just started his Sophomore year. My son’s friend. He is fast and is built exactly like a sprinter. Muscular and thin at the same time. Kinda like Bolt. He is 6’4” and I believe is still growing.
    I’m going to invite him to come and train with me starting in October since there is no football for him.
    Maybe there is a reason he is so close, maybe there isn’t. You never know til you ask.
    He’s out playing basketball in front of his house. I’ll go tell him about the idea after a brief workout.
    Sounds like a good idea!!

I spoke with him and his Aunt/Guardian who just happen to be out talking with him. I’ve known him since he was 4-5 or so.
    He seemed excited about it. He looks like he is in fantastic shape. I see him play basketball for hours. I’ll let him know he can use my gym equipment in the garage now if he wants or needs it.

I’ve got to get my son back into it also. He has lost motivation.
    I tell him...think about how is it that I keep it up for decades, let alone a few months. I’ll give him the answer at some point.

Week 8: Deload/Test
    Sunday:
    Warmup S
    Test 30's 3pt/touchpad (0.02 improvement)
    SLJ (no improvement) I hate this jump!!!
    3SLJ (1ft)
    Bench 3x3
    Squat 3x3
    Rdl 2x3
    Db support row 2x8

I am happy with these results esp. since all the work has been general (grass runs, trainers, football cleats, hills/sleds) once I start doing more specific work, I would expect the times to drop more. Overall, I am in a great place right now and hopefully my body can hold up because that and covid is the only thing that may stop me at this point. For the people on here who been following my return to the sport probably remember me saying "trying to learn the new me". I spent the pass two years doing that and feel like I have found what my body needs and all the other training variables I need at this point in my career. Excited to hit the upcoming block!! Enough talking, time to relax and make some cash!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Week 8: Deload/Test
    Sunday:
    Warmup S
    Test 30's 3pt/touchpad (0.02 improvement)
    SLJ (no improvement) I hate this jump!!!
    3SLJ (1ft)
    Bench 3x3
    Squat 3x3
    Rdl 2x3
    Db support row 2x8

I am happy with these results esp. since all the work has been general (grass runs, trainers, football cleats, hills/sleds) once I start doing more specific work, I would expect the times to drop more. Overall, I am in a great place right now and hopefully my body can hold up because that and covid is the only thing that may stop me at this point. For the people on here who been following my return to the sport probably remember me saying "trying to learn the new me". I spent the pass two years doing that and feel like I have found what my body needs and all the other training variables I need at this point in my career. Excited to hit the upcoming block!! Enough talking, time to relax and make some cash!!!
    I also hate the SLJ and never get excited for it. Yes, I know that it is a problem (the coach's problem If I had one). Actually, the only time I make really good improvement is by squatting heavy before it and doing nothing else after. Fake numbers though.

You cont. to improve, figuring out yourself (training wise) is very cool to see. Patience. Not rushing any particular thing as Ange/CF wrote about- not looking for results pronto, not rushing the warm-up, not trying to short cut anything will def payoff i'm sure.

I just completed my 7th year of Training. Each year, I start from scratch in my own mind. Lots of Hills and pick-up drills and sprints on grass as well for me.

Forgot to mention...the Air Quality is so unhealthy over here that I have to do everything inside the house for the time being. Been like that for a week already. I feel like a smoked a pack of cigarettes and I’ve never smoked. Let’s see if the masses here get a double whammy. Air plus COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I also hate the SLJ and never get excited for it. Yes, I know that it is a problem (the coach's problem If I had one). Actually, the only time I make really good improvement is by squatting heavy before it and doing nothing else after. Fake numbers though.

You cont. to improve, figuring out yourself (training wise) is very cool to see. Patience. Not rushing any particular thing as Ange/CF wrote about- not looking for results pronto, not rushing the warm-up, not trying to short cut anything will def payoff i'm sure.

I just completed my 7th year of Training. Each year, I start from scratch in my own mind. Lots of Hills and pick-up drills and sprints on grass as well for me.
    What kind of footwear on the grass?

Tuesday:
    Warmup Jr
    Pullups 3x10

Thursday: (upper right calf tightness/soreness)
    Warmup S
    Sled: (25 20 30) (50 45 40) (heavy sled) 5m set
    MB: x3 (height,ohb,blf)
    Podium trap deadlift 3x3
    Db rev lunge 2x5
    Db bench 2x10
    Db support row 2x8

Let the games begin - SPP!

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    What kind of footwear on the grass?
    Baseball Cleats early on and also depends on the quality and softness of the surface/grass. Very flexible, not rigid. Perfect for me. I have some adidas flats that have a ton of traction that I use also. I can’t remember what they are called at the moment.
    Finding the right surface as well as the right shoes is huge for me. I hope I can continue on without any huge life surprises like this past year. Just kidding. I’ll just role with the punches as best as I can.

Btw, made my first sims bet yesterday.
    GSW 15/16 vs OKC 11/12 both at -115. Went with the Dubs. No way in hell that should have been -115..but I don’t know much about the detail. Was it a back to back game for the dubs, injuries, I didn’t have any of that detail. Didn’t need it for the GSW but OKC