Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1025

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

  1. #871
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Thanks man, will be interesting to watch your progress.
    Keep it up.
    How's your injuries and are you still training?

  2. #872
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Thursday: 225
    Warmup S
    MB: x3 (height, ohb, blf)
    Hills: 3x20, 3x25, 3x30 wb/5

    Felt good warming up and tossing the ball around but the hill sprints felt sluggish. The hill work did not feel great, but I am still better than last month when I was not able to do any sprints following the testing session. Excited to hit the weights tomorrow morning it has been a long time. The goal is to slowly implement the weights and try to prevent a ton of soreness in the process.

  3. #873
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    8/1/2020 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 964 Atlanta Braves* -110 vs New York Mets

    $2500.00

    Let's get it!!!!

  4. #874
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    8/1/2020 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 964 Atlanta Braves* -110 vs New York Mets

    $2500.00

    Let's get it!!!!
    Easy cash 7-1.

  5. #875

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    How's your injuries and are you still training?
    Yeah I've strung together a good 9 months training which is the longest stretch I've had for a number of years.
    Have really reduced my volume in the sessions eg
    Mon 2 x 3 x 30m plus medball
    Tues Weights: squat,bench, hang clean, row GHD all 2 x 3
    Wenesday Bike tempo
    Thursday off
    Friday speed 4 x 60m + medball
    Saturday weights.. same as tuesday
    Sunday: Bike tempo..
    Thinking about stopping either one or both of the tempo sessions for more recovery, however, am concerned about conditioning. 50/50

  6. #876
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,739

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Tempo is not the only way to keep your conditioning.

    What about the water?

    What about the bike tempo?

    And what about doing the med ball circuit.

    Low intensity exercises that don't compete with high CNS demand can replace running.

    Low intensity work is supposed to facilitate rest to prepare for the highest intensity work.

    Are you sure you aren't doing a lot of volume for the sake of a lot of volume? I ask as I don't know the answer but it's a question we each need to ask.

    I have found lots of people including myself at a certain point performed a lot of work for the sake of work.

    What person plans to do for training and what a person ends up doing for training usually are NOT the same things.

  7. #877
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Yeah I've strung together a good 9 months training which is the longest stretch I've had for a number of years.
    Have really reduced my volume in the sessions eg
    Mon 2 x 3 x 30m plus medball
    Tues Weights: squat,bench, hang clean, row GHD all 2 x 3
    Wenesday Bike tempo
    Thursday off
    Friday speed 4 x 60m + medball
    Saturday weights.. same as tuesday
    Sunday: Bike tempo..
    Thinking about stopping either one or both of the tempo sessions for more recovery, however, am concerned about conditioning. 50/50
    Looks like the template I posted several years ago that worked well for me in the past when working long hours. I thought hard about separating my speed from weights ex - Mon/Thur speed, Tue/Fri wts, Sat tempo. I decided to keep 3 hi track days because I felt like I would benefit from more specific track work and was not sure how my body would handle speed follow by another hi intensity day.

    How are your fatigue levels throughout the week esp. when it is time to sprint fast? It is an old book, but you should read Power to the People, I think it could be helpful when planning strength training esp. for masters.

  8. #878
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Tempo is not the only way to keep your conditioning.

    What about the water?

    What about the bike tempo?

    And what about doing the med ball circuit.

    Low intensity exercises that don't compete with high CNS demand can replace running.

    Low intensity work is supposed to facilitate rest to prepare for the highest intensity work.

    Are you sure you aren't doing a lot of volume for the sake of a lot of volume? I ask as I don't know the answer but it's a question we each need to ask.

    I have found lots of people including myself at a certain point performed a lot of work for the sake of work.

    What person plans to do for training and what a person ends up doing for training usually are NOT the same things.
    I understand there many ways to achieve tempo work but at this point in my career (old age), I been trying for the past 2-3yrs to manage fatigue and found a lot of the general work or extra fat create too much unnecessary fatigue. All pools are closed in my area (covid) and the bike tempo creates to much quad fatigue and not much of a workout. I do like performing the rower for tempo work 30-90sec on follow by pushups/situps etc.

    For the past 7 months I been in rehab mode… In January I took 8 weeks and did nothing but upper body weights and treated all the lower body injuries I was dealing with. The next 8 weeks I introduced tempo and various bodyweight movements. The fifth month I continued the tempo and bodyweight movements but added jump circuits and mb throws. The sixth and final month I put everything back into the program, tempo, jumps, throws, and short hills (10-20m). So far, this is the healthiest I been since 2011ish but still have a little way to go. I am also the lightest I have been since soph year of high school - my weight has gone from 193-195 to 168lbs. I introduced the tempo back into the program very slowly, started with 6x100 and stayed there for 4 weeks, 8x100 for 4 weeks, 10x100 for 4 weeks, and 12x100 day 1, 6x200 day 2 for 4 weeks. Since starting gpp 4 weeks ago I have dropped all tempo but will add it back at some point if needed. My go to tempo options are: 1: rower 2: Low vol grass runs 600-1000m and usually support those options with med ball wall toss for 300-1000 reps.

    Not sure if you are familiar with Tony Wells but that is the general approach I am taking with my training while using my own spin for someone my age etc.

  9. #879
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,695

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Week 5:
    Sunday:
    Warmup S
    20(2xsled,2x facedown) 90/3:30 (lighter sled)
    20(2xsled,2xpushup)
    20(2xsled, 2xfalling) Jumps for dis x4/20 3pt
    Jumps for distance 5x4
    MB: x10 (ohb, blf)
    Bench 4x5
    Squat 2x6
    Rdl 2x6
    Db support row 3x12

    This week I am doing 580m of sprint work, 144 jumps, and 60 throws. With the sprint intensity slowly going up and with the addition of the weights we will drop mb throws volume slightly. OMG - first time lifting lower body since Jan and first time pressing since March and I am WEAKKKKK!!!!!! Gonna make a couple adjustments to my strength program tonight. Hopefully, my strength levels improve greatly over these next several months!!!

    A note to all athletes and weekend warriors, make sure to get your sleep, manage stress, and fuel properly before/after training. I usually get up early Sunday morning (6am) and grocery shop for myself and older neighbor and with the new block I wanted to train after shopping.... Long story short I went into this training session without eating/drinking anything and I suffered big time from dehydration - I am just now starting to feel normal again. I knew something was wrong because my coordination etc. felt off and I did not feel right - heart rate would skyrocket after every drill and take forever to drop etc. It was not a great session but was not bad either - surprise I got the weights done.

    Like everyone else I am adjusting to this whole pandemic and trying to make the best of the situation while adjusting my training along the way. Sucks our country have such poor leadership and seeing so many lives lost too early!

  10. #880

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Your profile pic made me laugh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •