Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 428

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

  1. #401
    Member Chris6878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,816

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Gonna have to hit it from every angle possible. Have you thought about getting reflexology? THat year I had it it took a while to leave. I think the best thing for it was wearing insoles in all of my shoes everyday, even for training. Now I dont wear the insoles anymore because I want to get my foot strength back. I think the insoles healed my PF and weakened my foot which caused the achilles issues Ive been having on and off.

  2. #402
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Friday: Med squat session
    Warmup S
    Squats 4x5 395
    Fsq 2x5 7-8rpe 315
    Rdl 2x6 7rpe
    Leg curls 3x6
    Plank test

    Well Monday is a heavy squat session and I haven't gone over 80% in the past month. I don't know what happen but I lost all my confidence over this past month in the squat - I haven't missed any reps in training etc but confidence is lacking.

  3. #403
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Gonna have to hit it from every angle possible. Have you thought about getting reflexology? THat year I had it it took a while to leave. I think the best thing for it was wearing insoles in all of my shoes everyday, even for training. Now I dont wear the insoles anymore because I want to get my foot strength back. I think the insoles healed my PF and weakened my foot which caused the achilles issues Ive been having on and off.
    No. Like I told you earlier through PM I was frustrated and was like fuck it after not being able to compete this year. It's just going to take some time - I have another 2-3 months to let it heal.


    How's your training?

  4. #404
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Saturday: Heavy bp session
    Warmup W
    Bench 4rm 9rpe
    Static hold or Slingshot 2x10sec or 2x4
    Pause bench 3x4 drop 8-12%
    Military press 2x4
    Lat pd 5x12
    Db ext 2x15

    Nothing great - got the work in.

  5. #405
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Week 2:
    Monday: Heavy squat session
    Warmup S
    Squat 4rm 9rpe 465
    Drop 15% 2x4 (Reduce to 2 sets instead of 3)
    Hypers 3x8
    Planks 2x45

    I don't know what to say about my squats - def taken a step back over the past 4-6 weeks.


    No quick fixes - gotta embrace the process...


  6. #406
    Member Chris6878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,816

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    No. Like I told you earlier through PM I was frustrated and was like fuck it after not being able to compete this year. It's just going to take some time - I have another 2-3 months to let it heal.


    How's your training?
    My training is sporadic to say the least. My daughter changed my training time. But I cant really blame her. Ive been doing 2 fast days a week. My heel will hurt a day after training, so I take a day off after. So im forced to do 2 on 1 off. BUt its good enough for me to spike up and do a speed day on the track. But again, my main goal is next year.

  7. #407
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    My training is sporadic to say the least. My daughter changed my training time. But I cant really blame her. Ive been doing 2 fast days a week. My heel will hurt a day after training, so I take a day off after. So im forced to do 2 on 1 off. BUt its good enough for me to spike up and do a speed day on the track. But again, my main goal is next year.
    Do your wife work? I haven't notice a difference with training and parenthood but we only have one child. My wife also demand that I train hard so everything works out just fine from a time/scheduling standpoint. I'm sure if I had a bossy lady it def would be different.

  8. #408
    Member Chris6878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,816

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Do your wife work? I haven't notice a difference with training and parenthood but we only have one child. My wife also demand that I train hard so everything works out just fine from a time/scheduling standpoint. I'm sure if I had a bossy lady it def would be different.
    oh she loves to work. She has about 5 jobs compared to my 2. 4 of her jobs are online with 2 days of office hours and 1 day of on ground teaching. So its me, her, the baby and 7 jobs. I take care of my two and help her with hers when I got free time. But thats no excuse. Like I said i only hit it hard twice a week, but I find myself not taking tempo or recover as serious as I need to.

  9. #409
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Tuesday: Light bench session
    Warmup B
    Bench (feet up) 4x6 70%
    Cg bench 3x6 70%
    Spoto press 2x6 70%
    Db support row 5x10
    Pushdowns 2x12
    Flies 2x10

    Felt pretty good today...

  10. #410
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,935

    Re: RB34 Training Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    oh she loves to work. She has about 5 jobs compared to my 2. 4 of her jobs are online with 2 days of office hours and 1 day of on ground teaching. So its me, her, the baby and 7 jobs. I take care of my two and help her with hers when I got free time. But thats no excuse. Like I said i only hit it hard twice a week, but I find myself not taking tempo or recover as serious as I need to.
    Anymore kids coming? Are you gonna race at all this spring/summer?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •