Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Gonna have to hit it from every angle possible. Have you thought about getting reflexology? THat year I had it it took a while to leave. I think the best thing for it was wearing insoles in all of my shoes everyday, even for training. Now I dont wear the insoles anymore because I want to get my foot strength back. I think the insoles healed my PF and weakened my foot which caused the achilles issues Ive been having on and off.

Friday: Med squat session
    Warmup S
    Squats 4x5 395
    Fsq 2x5 7-8rpe 315
    Rdl 2x6 7rpe
    Leg curls 3x6
    Plank test

Well Monday is a heavy squat session and I haven't gone over 80% in the past month. I don't know what happen but I lost all my confidence over this past month in the squat - I haven't missed any reps in training etc but confidence is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Gonna have to hit it from every angle possible. Have you thought about getting reflexology? THat year I had it it took a while to leave. I think the best thing for it was wearing insoles in all of my shoes everyday, even for training. Now I dont wear the insoles anymore because I want to get my foot strength back. I think the insoles healed my PF and weakened my foot which caused the achilles issues Ive been having on and off.
    No. Like I told you earlier through PM I was frustrated and was like fuck it after not being able to compete this year. It's just going to take some time - I have another 2-3 months to let it heal.

How's your training?

Saturday: Heavy bp session
    Warmup W
    Bench 4rm 9rpe
    Static hold or Slingshot 2x10sec or 2x4
    Pause bench 3x4 drop 8-12%
    Military press 2x4
    Lat pd 5x12
    Db ext 2x15

Nothing great - got the work in.

Week 2:
    Monday: Heavy squat session
    Warmup S
    Squat 4rm 9rpe 465
    Drop 15% 2x4 (Reduce to 2 sets instead of 3)
    Hypers 3x8
    Planks 2x45

I don't know what to say about my squats - def taken a step back over the past 4-6 weeks.

No quick fixes - gotta embrace the process...

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    No. Like I told you earlier through PM I was frustrated and was like fuck it after not being able to compete this year. It's just going to take some time - I have another 2-3 months to let it heal.

How's your training?
    My training is sporadic to say the least. My daughter changed my training time. But I cant really blame her. Ive been doing 2 fast days a week. My heel will hurt a day after training, so I take a day off after. So im forced to do 2 on 1 off. BUt its good enough for me to spike up and do a speed day on the track. But again, my main goal is next year.

My training is sporadic to say the least. My daughter changed my training time. But I cant really blame her. Ive been doing 2 fast days a week. My heel will hurt a day after training, so I take a day off after. So im forced to do 2 on 1 off. BUt its good enough for me to spike up and do a speed day on the track. But again, my main goal is next year.
    Do your wife work? I haven't notice a difference with training and parenthood but we only have one child. My wife also demand that I train hard so everything works out just fine from a time/scheduling standpoint. I'm sure if I had a bossy lady it def would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Do your wife work? I haven't notice a difference with training and parenthood but we only have one child. My wife also demand that I train hard so everything works out just fine from a time/scheduling standpoint. I'm sure if I had a bossy lady it def would be different.
    oh she loves to work. She has about 5 jobs compared to my 2. 4 of her jobs are online with 2 days of office hours and 1 day of on ground teaching. So its me, her, the baby and 7 jobs. I take care of my two and help her with hers when I got free time. But thats no excuse. Like I said i only hit it hard twice a week, but I find myself not taking tempo or recover as serious as I need to.

Tuesday: Light bench session
    Warmup B
    Bench (feet up) 4x6 70%
    Cg bench 3x6 70%
    Spoto press 2x6 70%
    Db support row 5x10
    Pushdowns 2x12
    Flies 2x10

Felt pretty good today...

oh she loves to work. She has about 5 jobs compared to my 2. 4 of her jobs are online with 2 days of office hours and 1 day of on ground teaching. So its me, her, the baby and 7 jobs. I take care of my two and help her with hers when I got free time. But thats no excuse. Like I said i only hit it hard twice a week, but I find myself not taking tempo or recover as serious as I need to.
    Anymore kids coming? Are you gonna race at all this spring/summer?