Page 150 of 157 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1570

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    My legs are tired from all the squats yesterday. 5 sets of 5-6 r
    Why so much volume? I only do 4 sets for 1 week before dropping to 3 sets for basic strength development. 25 reps is a lot for a sprinter.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Why so much volume? I only do 4 sets for 1 week before dropping to 3 sets for basic strength development. 25 reps is a lot for a sprinter.
    Included the 2 warm-up sets. Not sprinting this year. Going to call and schedule an MRI for my right knee later today. I can squat just fine but can’t even jog across the street at the moment.
    Will get surgery and ease into training next year perhaps and be ready to go in 2 years if all goes well.

Yes the load may be low but you are going to failure = max effort.
    I’ll take today off then. I do go at a slower tempo for reps. I’ve seen many ppl destroy their shoulders by either going to heavy all the time or go way too fast on their reps.

Included the 2 warm-up sets. Not sprinting this year. Going to call and schedule an MRI for my right knee later today. I can squat just fine but can’t even jog across the street at the moment.
    Will get surgery and ease into training next year perhaps and be ready to go in 2 years if all goes well.
    What's the deal with your knee?

I’ll take today off then. I do go at a slower tempo for reps. I’ve seen many ppl destroy their shoulders by either going to heavy all the time or go way too fast on their reps.
    You can see I don't even do direct shoulder work. At one point I thought your main goal was only speed/track and field but it seems you have many different interests similar to other master athletes of your age?

Accident. Injured the right side of my body (Shoulder, Knee, ribs) last Summer.
    Took two months off weights. Slowly started doing pull-ups over the next month, then worked in close hands push-ups, etc
    Thought my knee would get better on it’s own. Not the case. MRI is set for Sunday 6pm.

Was solely focused on Speed last year.
    Normally, it’s that and Comp.Softball.

Accident. Injured the right side of my body (Shoulder, Knee, ribs) last Summer.
    Took two months off weights. Slowly started doing pull-ups over the next month, then worked in close hands push-ups, etc
    Thought my knee would get better on it’s own. Not the case. MRI is set for Sunday 6pm.

Was solely focused on Speed last year.
    Normally, it’s that and Comp.Softball.
    Are you planning on competing at any of the national masters meets?

If I don't move, perhaps. I'm in the perfect area for Training. I wish I would have realized that 15 years ago.
    The only thing that would have made it better would be in a group type setting.

Never thought of it before til Toronto 2020. I told my kids I have a shot at being on top and that I will do it. They know, if i say something, I always come through/back it up. I certainly trained for it. It was not to be.

Last night at looked into some of the start lists and saw someone I used to compete against in All-Comers Meets way back in the late 80’s. Cool dude. He’s 53 now and is in the 100m. I wonder how he’ll do. Probably get 2nd. He was mainly a Long Jumper Triple Jumper with long long strides.

I would have loved to have jumped against him last year in San Jose.
    Rucker is his name.
    Section Champ and still holds the LJ and TJ records I believe for San Jose City College.

Scratch that! He ran 13.1. He must have just started back up.

Page 150 of 157 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast