Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Changing up my deload/test week because of outside stressors etc.

Mon: Recovery cardiac work
    Tue: REST
    Wed: Test and tb wts
    Thur: Tempo
    Fri: Speed and tb wts
    Sat/Sun REST

Last Friday wasn't a great day on the track and several body parts were hurting or about to explode (finger). After finishing my deadlifts I looked down and my thumb was black/blue and inner knuckles numb.

I woke up Friday morning and the HRV reading wasn't good.

Friday: Amber/7.

Saturday Red/4/hrv dropped 10+pts.

Sunday Red/2/hrv dropped 15+pts.

Monday Green/6

I want to give another 24-48hrs to let things stabilize before going hard again. My body is still dehydrate and need more rest. Gotta take better care of my body - only getting 4-5hrs of sleep a night.

Week 8: Deload/Test
    Monday:
    Warmup W (20mins cardiac work, static, and dym stretching)
    Rowing: 6(60s on, 120sec off) + abs
    General strength: Extended 30s

Great session today.... Exactly what the body needed. I will see how things go over the next couple hours, Tuesday will either be total rest or a 20min walk, stretching, box jumps to prime the system for Wednesday testing.

Tuesday:
    Incline walking 20mins
    Static/Dym stretching
    Box jumps 3x5
    Seated box jump 1x5

Green
    Readiness 8 out of 10

Hrv score still lower then normal

Got about 4hrs of sleep because I had to drop my wife and son off at the airport. Gonna head to the track around my normal time - not expecting much - third/fourth months should be my months to see big improvements. Last year it took about 3 months before I started running well - this year I'm leaning towards 4 months.

Hrv is getting better!!

Green
    Readiness 9 out of 10
    HRV: +9.5

Resting hr and hrv is more normal.

Wednesday:
    Warmup B
    SLJ+3SLJ (1in increase on both jumps)
    Test 30's (0.05 improvement on the 30's)
    Clean deads 3x5x75-77.5
    MTP 3x5x75-77.5
    Back squats 3x5x75-77.5
    Db bulgarian squat 2x10

Everything was perfect today - perfect weather - body felt fresh but my damn timer only timed 3 of the 7 runs. No doubt sprints 4-6 was probably my fastest but I have no proof. Out of all the madness I found my new deload week, I like how things went this week and will probably keep it this way for all the deload weeks. I decided to drop all upper body for most of this week to allow for a little extra needed rest. My shoulders are beat up from the overhead presses and I'm dealing with some elbow and hand injuries.

Things should only get better from here - I have a 8 week strength block on deck follow by a 8 week power block.

Thursday:
    Warmup JR
    2x5x100
    Abs x100

Feeling good.....

Saturday: 180
    Warmup S
    6x30 hills
    MB x3 (ohb, blf, height)
    Deadlift 3x5x75-77.5
    Rdl 2x10
    Good morning 2x10
    Standing 1 Leg curls 2x10

I was too lazy to train on Friday.. 8 weeks of workouts are completed.... Hopefully my body can hold up as the training gets more intense....

Upcoming block:

Mon: High volume timed contrast accel work (with sled) 30-50m (increasing vol slightly this block), Throws, push wts

Tue: Tempo

Wed: Pull wts

Fri: Low volume timed contrast accel work (with jumps) 30-50m, push wts

Sat: Fitness day

After carefully thinking things over I decided not to overreact to any one training session. I will be keeping one running tempo session, the other session will incorporate the rower while dropping one of the gs circuits. The speed work will slowly transition into slightly longer runs hitting 30-50m in this block, Monday will contrast sled with flat runs and Friday session will contrast runs with jumps for distance. The goal is to time all speed sessions in this block - the data will be usefully for upcoming programming. The sprint volume will continue to increase slightly. Monday will be a high volume speed session because I know my body will be ready to run fast and can handle lots of work on this day, Friday will be a lower volume session - this session is usually hit/miss. The lifting will move to slightly heavier sets of 5 - I'll save the plan over reaching week for next block. I decided to remove all Overhead presses and pauses for the next couple blocks. The press and pauses does wonders for my bench but my shoulders just can't take them for long periods.

Can't wait to see the results over the next 8 weeks!!!!

Let's roll!!!

Block 2: Strength
    8 Weeks: July 1 - August 24

Week 1:
    Monday: 240
    Warmup B
    2(2x30sled; 2x30no) timed
    MB x3 (ohb, blf, height)
    Bench press 3x5x85% of 5rm
    Back squats 3x5x85
    Rev lunge 3x5
    Spoto press 3x5

Cooldown: Rev leg press 2x15

I was suppose to alt sled/no sled every rep but I didn't feel like changing shoes (trainers/spikes) every single rep. The session was very average and all of my times were equal to what I ran last Wednesday on my first 2 timed 30's. This session felt more like my 2nd speed session - probably because I did speed on Saturday instead of Friday. I knew it wasn't gonna be a great day after those first 2 sled pulls because it felt like the sled was pulling me - I'm usually destroying the sled pulls on Monday when I'm right. I will rebound next Monday!!!! I weighed in today at 188.4 with clothes - probably 186.4. bare - down from 195. Since my wife and son is spending 2 weeks in Boston it's easier not to eat as much etc.

I been looking at my notes and how my body feel throughout the week and I think once racing season starts I won't be training much. For example -

Sat: Race 60/200
    Sun-Mon: Rest-Massage-Stretch
    Tue: High intensity session
    Wed: Ext tempo on the track 4x200
    Thur: Indoor tempo on the rower 6x60sec or Rest
    Fri: Rest

In order to race I need 2 days of rest/easy sessions before meets and 2 days rest after meets to train hard on my high intensity day. Looking at my notes - Monday session is always good and the second session on Friday is hit/miss.