Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1129

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

I'm ready to train!!!! Is it Sunday yet!!!

No meets coming up I decided to take a full week off and do nothing but spend time with family. I also decided to have some fun with my training and get off script a little bit.

Sunday:

Warmup S

4x30 (3pt) timed na 409 408 418

Single leg hops left/right/forward 2x5

Jump squat 2x12x10%

Rdl 2x6x70%

Back squat 2x6x70%

I felt slow, sluggish, and tight. It felt like I haven't done anything in a month!!! After the sprints I asked the other master sprinters who were on the track which direction the wind was blowing, and they said I was running into the headwind. I don't know what to think, if that's the case I ran some pr times today. The wind was blowing 12-14mph (temp high 60s/low 70s), I felt slow as hell but when I saw the times I was surprised. For the last sprint I decided to try "harder" we know what happens when you try harder = slowness!!! Some of my best times came sprinting into a headwind - back in Wisconsin early one spring I ran 11.04 into -3.1. Running into a headwind seems to make me sprint relax. Been dealing with some left knee pain the past 2 months - I may have to find some other jumps to perform in my warmup because single leg stuff is the hardest on my knee.

Felt good getting back to my routine and working towards my goal. Like my boy Nipsey Hussle said - this journey is a marathon not a sprint. Keeping my down and going to work.

Quote of the day: “Instead of trying to build a brick wall, lay a brick everyday. Eventually you’ll look up and you’ll have a brick wall.”- Nipsey Hussle

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    No meets coming up I decided to take a full week off and do nothing but spend time with family. I also decided to have some fun with my training and get off script a little bit.

Sunday:

Warmup S

4x30 (3pt) timed na 409 408 418

Single leg hops left/right/forward 2x5

Jump squat 2x12x10%

Rdl 2x6x70%

Back squat 2x6x70%

I felt slow, sluggish, and tight. It felt like I haven't done anything in a month!!! After the sprints I asked the other master sprinters who were on the track which direction the wind was blowing, and they said I was running into the headwind. I don't know what to think, if that's the case I ran some pr times today. The wind was blowing 12-14mph (temp high 60s/low 70s), I felt slow as hell but when I saw the times I was surprised. For the last sprint I decided to try "harder" we know what happens when you try harder = slowness!!! Some of my best times came sprinting into a headwind - back in Wisconsin early one spring I ran 11.04 into -3.1. Running into a headwind seems to make me sprint relax. Been dealing with some left knee pain the past 2 months - I may have to find some other jumps to perform in my warmup because single leg stuff is the hardest on my knee.

Felt good getting back to my routine and working towards my goal. Like my boy Nipsey Hussle said - this journey is a marathon not a sprint. Keeping my down and going to work.

Quote of the day: “Instead of trying to build a brick wall, lay a brick everyday. Eventually you’ll look up and you’ll have a brick wall.”- Nipsey Hussle

Nipsey was impressive in music and business.

When you’re doing your sprints...do you feel like you will not being able to hold on for the whole 100m? Feeling powerful.
    Or do you feel like at the 30m mark things are just get started? Feeling like 100m is no problem. Even during flying 20-30s. Effortless.

Most ppls start suck. Just look at their times and posts/vids on SM.
    Simply putting their foot down with hardly any force into the 1st stride.
    It’s a skill that needs to be worked on when one is fresh no doubt.

Dang, if I knew you were going to take a break for one week and do nothing, I would have suggested a nice 5 mile 45 min jog/run.
    Very few sprinters ever feel what Runner’s high feels like. Absolutely wow.
    And it doesn’t just make you a non sprinter and lose all you built up as Tony H would make you believe.
    Btw, I’m only fast bc of the Vitamin D advantage I have over most states.
    Sub 11 in 80s, 90s, 00, 10s, 20 would have made it happen in all comers meet in Aug. had there been any meets available. Certainly had the competition in Nor Cal.

Mon

Prone hip ext 2x25

Russian lean 2x5

Stand hip flex 2x10/hold 3s at top

Ab bridge 2x30s

Side bridge 2x30s

Ab wheel 2x10

Recovery/Prehab session. After not lifting for almost 15 days - hamstrings are sore.

Tuesday:

Warmup B

Lateral cone jump 3x10

Box squat jump 4x6 (2 sets up onto a box; 2 sets out as far as possible)

Bench press 4x5

Db row 3x8 (4x8 - forgot my worksheet at home)

Front raise 2x8 (3x10)

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: Flying 20's and weights

Friday: Ub weights

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Dang, if I knew you were going to take a break for one week and do nothing, I would have suggested a nice 5 mile 45 min jog/run.
    Very few sprinters ever feel what Runner’s high feels like. Absolutely wow.
    And it doesn’t just make you a non sprinter and lose all you built up as Tony H would make you believe.
    Btw, I’m only fast bc of the Vitamin D advantage I have over most states.
    Sub 11 in 80s, 90s, 00, 10s, 20 would have made it happen in all comers meet in Aug. had there been any meets available. Certainly had the competition in Nor Cal.
    Leave Tony along. I can't even run a mile let along 5 miles. What are your times and age?

Lol he’s got tough skin. Again, I would have thrived under him had he been my Coach in HS.
    Ok went backwards from Feb. til late May under a 400 m type of program. At least the New Coach put the fastest kids on the relay team. My Soph year I won a race-off where we had 8 fast ass cats going for the 4 spots. The Sprint Coach put me in ugly ass lane on a dirt track. I snatched a lot of them from 90-100 and looked over at the finish feeling good. Idiot coach told me that I placed 5th. No joke. Little did he know that the whole baseball team including my brother were watching from the field. He got shit the next day and ultimately got sent packing. I still wasn’t able to run at the Two big meets left. Taught me to control what I can. Told head coach I won’t be back bc I’m switching to baseball. Little did I know that the he was working on getting rid of him. Helped him build the track edge the next year. Everyone else quit after one day. I stayed til the very end-1 week of working on it 2 hours a day after school.

Only the next time matters to me. I’m 50 but look much much younger than that. Have to compete with twenty and thirty somethings in Sport to find comp in Sports. I may take up Golf. Golf courses will always be open for business.

Edit: the reason the coach told me I took 5th was bc he felt that the two higher grade athletes should be on the team. Put the 10.7 guy on bc on a good day he would beat me and the privileged kid to put on his damn resume I guess. This same kid got MVP of the team our Senior Year even though I was ‘the man’ on the team. Ok, whatever. Threw away all the other awards I got that night. Could care less about anything but results.

Thursday:
    Warmup S
    Flying 20's - 30m accel zone x4 (rest 5mins)
    Single leg triple jump 3x3
    Depth jumps 2x5x18in
    Jump squat 2x12x10%
    Leg curls 3x5

Yeh yeh - I'm doing leg curls..... Trying something a lil different in this block. Weather was 46-50 degrees nice and dark on the track. These runs felt better than what they felt like 3 weeks ago. I made the right decision by taking a full week off since my previous deload week was harder than what it should have been. I had a little too much fatigue entering the new block. The one thing I have learned - if the goal is to do 3 speed/power sessions weekly while using a 3+1 loading scheme the deload must be totally off or at most 1 moderate session follow by 4-5 days off.

Today's warmup:

A March x20

A skips x20

A run x20

Bum kick x20

Big lunge x20

Bum kick and reach 2x20

Hurdle jump 2x5

Lunge jump 2x5

Str leg bound 2x20

Bound 2x20

Starts: 2x20 face down; 1x30 3pt

Friday:

Warmup B

Db bench 2x15

Chinups 2x10

Hanging leg raises 2x8

Decline leg raises 2x25

Nice recovery pump work. Sunday could be special.