Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rio men's 200m

Re: Rio men's 200m

Quote Originally Posted by bmarcho1 View Post
    I'm predicting two guys under 19

...ok i'm just kidding. but it would be awesome
    If bolt had a complete season, I could see it happening.

Bolt does it again.

I expected the fast semis to take a toll on Bolt and DeGrasse, but didn't think it would be by this much. I think Bolt ran his fastest semis and slowest finals of any major championships at these Olympics. He was lucky that no one was in top shape this year. If I was him I would retire now while still on top rather than wait until he can't win anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    I expected the fast semis to take a toll on Bolt and DeGrasse, but didn't think it would be by this much. I think Bolt ran his fastest semis and slowest finals of any major championships at these Olympics. He was lucky that no one was in top shape this year. If I was him I would retire now while still on top rather than wait until he can't win anymore.
    I hope so also. I don't want to see him deteriorate like Ali or Michael Jordan. Just end it on the biggest stage with a relay championship gold, then stop

i blame degrasse, but a complete injury free season and bolt can run fast again next season.

You guys are silly. Stop it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    You guys are silly. Stop it!!!!
    cocaine is a hell of a drug

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    In my judgement, 100% yes. Foolish decision to unnecessarily press like that to have games with Bolt whereas he could have cruised for second place.
    Foolish? Have you see the social media attention #DeBolt has received? He is a sponsors dream. He won gold on so many fronts it's not even funny. And he is only just starting out. If he stopped right now which he won't he is golden. I don't think anyone could have created such a great buzz around this knowingly ahead of time and it's so authentic as well.

Here are a few links that have been making me chuckle.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/olympics/...ight-1.3725919

and this is good too.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/topstorie...down-1.3727515

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Foolish? Have you see the social media attention #DeBolt has received? He is a sponsors dream. He won gold on so many fronts it's not even funny. And he is only just starting out. If he stopped right now which he won't he is golden. I don't think anyone could have created such a great buzz around this knowingly ahead of time and it's so authentic as well.

Here are a few links that have been making me chuckle.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/olympics/...ight-1.3725919

and this is good too.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/topstorie...down-1.3727515
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...click=sf_globe

I think it plausible that just the opposite occurred relative to the intended strategy outlined in the article. The assumption on behalf of DeGrasse/McMillan was that by pushing Bolt he would fatigue; however, that implies he didn't have the capacity coupled with Bolt's own admission that he didn't like the scheduling (rightfully so) and was tired in the 100m final. This assumption of DeGrasse/McMillan was also based off of the fact that Bolt hadn't been showing top form times prior to the Games this year.

Amidst all this assuming, lies the implication that DeGrasse was in some sort of secret form; however, no different than Bolt, DeGrasse had not shown top form prior to the Olympics this year either.

Further, what if Bolt simply decided to let DeGrasse win their semi final round. Wouldn't have mattered as the top 2 auto qualify anyway.

End result, a miscalculation that likely reduced what chances, if any, DeGrasse had to win the 200m final had he not pressed in the Semi.

All said, DeGrasse is a super talent and I hope Altis is able to guide him in reacquiring and surpass what he accomplished under Smith-Gilbert.

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith
    All said, DeGrasse is a super talent and I hope Altis is able to guide him in reacquiring and surpass what he accomplished under Smith-Gilbert.
    He has already surpassed what he had accomplished under his previous coach. He set PBs in both events at these Olympics under conditions when everyone else was running slower than they did at the world champs last year.